Complaint Review: Suncoast Electric and Air Inc

• Updated: Thu, December 05, 2013

• Reported By: Westpalmrealestate — Wellington Florida
Suncoast Electric and Air Inc
Lyons Technology Parkway Coconut Creek, Florida USA

Suncoast Electric and Air Inc CGC1518106CAC1815792 Said that I needed to replace outside FPE Panel and inside wiring for Problem and after spending $5000 problem persistet. Comany had not pulled required permits and problem was related t a FPL owned line Coconut Creek Florida

We picked this company to troubleshoot our electrical problem based on the reviews and fair service call rate. i did what they recommended me to do and after close to spending $5000 found out that the original problem of flickering lights and power surges continued after they had completed their work. to make matters worse the following weekend I had a burnt out power striip and a blown dvd player on my TV set up and when I called them back up the electrician who  did the work ( not the estimator) said that certain power variations were a normal in older homes

(They had replaced the outside FPE Panel/breakers and changed the wiring in the inside if the house from panel to panel to copper wire).  I was about to call FPL and ask them the in regards to the legality on the panel when the electrician stopped me and called his "buddy" at FPL to to a check. turns out that my electrical problem was really related to a problem with a line that was maintained by FPL.  Once FPL came they immediately diagnosed the problem as improper grounding of my house and  immediately ran a new ground line to the house---free of charge and problem finally resolved!!!!!

So did I really have to spend the $5000? Also the original estimator said that the job would take 2 days to complete and power would be supplied by. generator to my house. The generator they brought to hook up my refrigerator causes it to turn on and off so that I actually used an extension to my neighbors for that. !!! Company did not pull required permit unitl I threaten that I would to complained to the state and City of Coral Springs!! after they did pull the permit the flunked it once and it took almost another month to fix the list of errors!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2013 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suncoast-Electric-and-Air-Inc/Coconut-Creek-Florida-33073/Suncoast-Electric-and-Air-Inc-CGC1518106CAC1815792-Said-that-I-needed-to-replace-outside-1104550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suncoast Electric and Air Inc