Complaint Review: Sunny Side Honda

• Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: Darren — Strongsville Ohio
Sunny Side Honda
Pearl Rd. Middleburg Heights, Ohio USA

Sunny Side Honda Charge me for a repair covered under warranty Middleburg Heights Ohio

*General Comment: Perfection...

On 2-12-14 I took my 2009 Honda Accord to Sunny Side Honda to have an oil change and repair a saftey belt repaired. When I dropped car off I was told by the service tech that the seatbelts are covered with a lifetime warranty. I looked in the manual and it said it was 15 years. So I get a call a couple hours later from "Bob Fox" a service tech. He tells me the car is ready. He says the oil change is done and it will take about 8 days to get seatbelt retractor. He says the labor and part will be $330.00?! I tell him "No, its covered under warranty". He tells me no its not. I tell him what I was told by other tech and what the maual states. There is a pause and I tell him to go check that out and call me back. He calls me back a little later and says I'm sorry that it is covered under warranty.  So I pick up car I pick up car 45 mins. later and Bob is there. He doesnt mention almost getting me to pay the $330.00 that I didn't need to pay? They are supposed to wash cars that are in for service.

Even though it was 32 degrees that day, Bob said it was too cold to wash. He only mentioned that when I questioned him.  I wonder how many people would have paid without looking into the manual. Shame on Sunny Side Honda. I have another issue with this place. When I bought the car there they promissed to wash car for free for life. Well Sunny Side sent out letters to all owners that they are no longer going to do the car washes because of all the damage issues with the cars. If I agreed to pay $400.00 per month for my car then 2 years into my loan I say I'm going to pay $300.00 probably wouldnt go over to well. I agree there is some damage issues. My uncle took his accord there and they destoyed the side of his car while they pulled it out of car wash! I believe it was over $5000.00 in damage. It was less than 6 months old and they wouldnt replace it. All they would do is repair it. Sounds to me like an employee issue more than a car wash problem. BEWARE of Sunny Side Honda. Even when its in writting they won't honor it!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2014 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunny-Side-Honda/Middleburg-Heights-Ohio-44149/Sunny-Side-Honda-Charge-me-for-a-repair-covered-under-warranty-Middleburg-Heights-Ohio-1123323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunny Side Honda

#1 General Comment

Perfection...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

I dont see a ripoff here, just you complaining because they are OBVIOUSLY not as perfect as you seem to think you are. Its called a mistake, and when you called them on it, they didnt charge you. As evidenced by your own words, they went and checked and then removed the charge. No ripoff there. THEY are not working IN YOUR HEAD. This means that the information YOU have IN YOUR HEAD, was NOT imparted to them. They work on hundreds of cars all with different warrenty stipulations. It is HIGHLY unfair of you to blast them for making a honest mistake. Especially when called on the mistake, they removed the charge.

This is a FALSE ripoff report. The business was acting in good faith. When called on a warrenty issue, they took care of it. We cant take your statement as fact about your "uncle". Its hearsay, even from you. Your uncle would have to tell his side before any credibility can be applied.

Get your head removed from your rump. YOU ARE NOT PERFECT AND NEITHER IS ANY OTHER PERSON. When was it EXACTLY that YOU THINK you obtained perfection?? Oh thats right....NEVER. Get overself princess. YOU WERE NOT RIPPED OFF!! You have filed this report for some other reason. Your own words betray you. Its OBVIOUS by your own statement that YOU WERE A JACK***!!! One day, someone is going to do to you what YOU are doing to the world. And you wont like it much.