Complaint Review: Sunset Engineering Construction

• Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: Customer — Coral Gables Florida United States of America
Sunset Engineering Construction
Miami, Florida United States of America

Sunset Engineering Construction Custom BBQ Grills Had to pay another contractor to finish Miami, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Property and Work Overview

I had them come to my home after seeing a very attractive ad in The Home Designers Magazine. That was a mistake. I come to find out that they are new at this. At one point they did have someone who knew what they were doing. However, I got caught in the middle. My job came to a halt. I had to cancel parties and so forth. Finally after basically giving up, I called my old handy man and he came out and finished. I was told I really didnt need permits. I thought that was odd. But I really didnt know better. They had me sign that I knew I needed permits and that I did not want them. I had to pull permits for other things in my home. But oh well. I believed in them. After all, they were architects, engineers and general contractors. Now I know that was all a lie. Yes there are contractors. Thats it. None of the owners have a license as an engineer or architects. Yet there business card said something else. I come to find out that I to can have an engineering company. All I need is someone to sign as a Qualifier. That doesnt mean that they know what they are doing. The trellis that they designed is failing. I am scared that it will not hold up to a storm. I dont know what to do. I dont know if I should sue. After all my trellis doesnt have permits, nor does my bar-b-cue. Be careful. Do your homework. As for references. Go to jobs done by them and go back and speak to the owners. From now on, that is what I will always do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunset-Engineering-Construction/Miami-Florida-/Sunset-Engineering-Construction-Custom-BBQ-Grills-Had-to-pay-another-contractor-to-finish-745144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunset Engineering Construction

Property and Work Overview

AUTHOR: Property Management Miami - ()

We have worked with Sunset Engineering Construction for many years. When it comes to knowledge on the job, they have continuously set us up for success! They are prompt, accurate, and able to give us confidence in their work timeline.

Sunset Engineering Construction works with us on projects of over 5 million dollars. Their history within our company is nothing shy of professional. We currently work with their team of highly skilled laborers and management. We feel confident in referring this company outside of our own business.

Their ability to stay on schedule, within budget and production has put them above the rest! We know Sunset Engineering Construction cares about their clients, about the completion of the project and their reputation. Their standards are untouchable.

In response to this report, we work with SEC on high rise buildings, and properties of large landscaped area and restoration. This negative report was targeted towards the wrong company. The claims do not coincide with the projects or production in which SEC performs.