Complaint Review: Sunshine Corporation

• Updated: Thu, December 08, 2011

• Reported By: tenantTN — Memphis Tennessee United States of America
Sunshine Corporation
5575 Poplar Ave Suite 414 Memphis, Tennessee United States of America

Sunshine Corporation Woodchase Apartments How are they still in business?? Memphis, Tennessee

I am one of the many victims of the Sunshine Corporation. I am saying this in reference to the many complaints registered with the BBB and apartmentratings.com. There would probably be more if people had time to type.

Only 29% of residents recommend it. How is this company still in business??

There was a fire in my neighbor's apartment directly above us. Although the fire was not in my apartment there was fire and water damage to my apartment that caused us to be without a place to live for six days.

I wrote a letter to the president explaining that I have renter's insurance but feel I should not have to file a claim with our insurance and pay the deductible for something that wasn't my fault. I requested any type of assistance or reimbursement to offset the cost of hotels, eating out and food loss suffered from our my family's displacement. The letter advised that I have a toddler who is also affected by the situation, not to mention the financial stress it has created this close to Christmas. My letter was delivered to the corporate office.

The request had to be submitted in writing as they would not allow us to speak to anyone over the phone. The president did respond in writing a couple of days later saying that this  was not their fault and they do not feel we are entitled to any compensation, not even a credit on the rent. Our contract clearly states in section 14 that if there are damages to an apartment that prevents us from occupying it we should not be held responsible for a full month's rent. This is not legal! A definite breech of contract!

Beware of this propery management company. They are terrible with resolving tenants issues and concerns. My family was left hanging.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2011 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunshine-Corporation/Memphis-Tennessee-38119/Sunshine-Corporation-Woodchase-Apartments-How-are-they-still-in-business-Memphis-Tenne-806975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunshine Corporation