Complaint Review: Sunshine State Insurance Company

• Submitted: Wed, July 15, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, April 10, 2010

• Reported By:Lithia Florida
Sunshine State Insurance Company
P.O. Box 3918 Sarasota, Florida U.S.A.

Sunshine State Insurance Company Sunshine Stae Insurance claims to "with the understanding and experience to handle your claim quickly and professionally" Simply is not true!! Sarasota Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Vandalism as a Covered Peril

*Author of original report: Sunshine State Insurance Company; Update

I did my homework and went with this insurance company for my rental property... I had to evict some renters and they trashed my home... I reported it immediately!!! The beginning of June... here it is mid July and they still have not sent anything... Oh sure take pictures and all, but nothing else... One phone call to collect information... a lot of promises to call back but none... now have left word with management... will see how they respond. Here is what their website advertises under Claims:

CLAIMS: When a personal insurance loss occurs, you want an insurance company with the understanding and experience to handle your claim quickly and professionally - with your best interest at heart. Sunshine State Insurance IS that company. We are genuine in our commitment to our customers and we have the people and resources to back it up.

Well folks I can tell you this is simply not the fact... in fact it is quite the opposite... stay away from this company... they will send you a letter saying you will be cancelled unless they get their premium... sad excuse for running a business... and we are the customers...

The1moe
Lithia, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2009 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunshine-State-Insurance-Company/Sarasota-Florida-34230/Sunshine-State-Insurance-Company-Sunshine-Stae-Insurance-claims-to-with-the-understanding-469968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunshine State Insurance Company

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Vandalism as a Covered Peril

AUTHOR: Roy Rogers - (United States of America)

Vandalism and Theft by a tenant are excluded perils in an Investment style Dwelling Fire. I can imagine that the consumer was not happy as this is not a compensable claim under a standard Dwelling Fire a.k.a. DP3 policy form. Roy Rogers, CPCU, SCLA, ARM, AIC, AIS,

Sunshine State Insurance Company; Update

AUTHOR: The1moe - (U.S.A.)

What a pathetic little company this Sunchine State Insurance Company is... This is how they operate, they decide what will have a deductable and what will not... regardless if it is vandalism or not. When a person intentionally ruins your carpet and bypasses your a/c unit to create water damage, then this is vandalism... however these folks disagree. Barbara Berry who was my representative with this company was slow at best, uninformed and apparently has little authority to make decisions. Here it is the 28th of July and I filed the 1st part of June and they are just now finalizing the issue; only because I got tired of dealing with the ratfaces. I also told them that I will mention about them on the internet, though they didn't appeared concerned. The manager that I asked to speak with earlier never did call or talk to me. Again, apparently thinking he is much to good to talk to his customers... I will cancel this policy and find another (has to be better) company to deal with... Stay away from Sunshine State Insurance Company of Sarasota... they will just take your money and do you wrong.