Complaint Review: Suntrust Bank

• Reported By: BLD77 — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
Suntrust Bank
303 Peachtree St. NE Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Suntrust Bank Screwed for the holidays Atlanta, Georgia

On Thursday December 22nd, 2011, I deposited a check for $3000.00 from a family member. I have been struggling financially due to a long time gf who didn't work. I expected this check would be at least partially available on the 23rd of December. I was counting on it to buy food for this holiday weekend, as I have no family around me. When I woke up on the 23rd, there was $250.00 available, which was great. Later on Friday, I went to the bank to withdraw cash, and was told the fraud department had placed a hold on the full amount, because the bank the check was drawn on does not verify funds. That was a lie because I verify funds with this bank on a regular basis, at my own job. When I got off work, I called for a supervisor, and got a rep named Christy at the Suntrust call center. The supervisor put me on hold and called the fraud department. She managed to reiterate what I already knew, and the internal fraud department that won't speak to customers so they can take unreasonable actions on your account, refused to make any of the $3000.00 available. The funds will not be available until December 30th, at which point I will get paid from my job anyway. I can make do with no food for the next six days, but the fact that Suntrust are being such sleazebags about this is unconscionable. I am not a new customer, I have had student loans and two checking accounts with them. AVOID SUNTRUST AT ALL COSTS. I have emailed the local media, the BBB, and the corporate office at Suntrust.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2011 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suntrust-Bank/Atlanta-Georgia-30308/Suntrust-Bank-Screwed-for-the-holidays-Atlanta-Georgia-813552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suntrust Bank