Vermont

hwy 41 S inverness, Florida United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Suntrust Bank equity line closed by suntrust and then charged me $760.00 for closing early inverness, Florida

Apllied and was approved for a refinance...great credit, no late payments, sufficent income, and a current appraisal for more than double the applied amount. Interest rate was not locked in at lower rate even when I wanted to do it as the 3000.00  to lock it in would appear as a credit on closing statement.....So much for good faith estimates..... Took almost 60 days to close at a higher interest rate, closed my home equity line of credit which would have matured March 2010....and then charged us $770.20 for closing early. I have invested many many hours attempting to contact anyone as to why it was closed. You get different answers every time.  The Real Estate closing agent turned out to be Amy Coleman, the wife of John Coleman who is the supervisor of the loan agent at our local branch who has still yet to return my calls.  Suntrust will refund our $770.20 if we open a new line of credit.... and leave it open for another 3 years ! Ha ha ha why would we do business with them after the way we were treated. We have been a customer for years and only procured the loan because of past dealings. It is evident that this bank does not care anything about good customer relations after reading all the reports here. We are in the process of severing all financial business with Suntrust.

This is not the same Bank that we have dealt with the last 9 years. So far we have had 3 friends who asked us for a recommendation for real estate loans and we have told them to go any where but Suntrust!!!! Even one of their own employees told me that he had his son go to another bank !!!! That kinda says it alll!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2009 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suntrust-Bank/inverness-Florida-/Suntrust-Bank-equity-line-closed-by-suntrust-and-then-charged-me-76000-for-closing-earl-488305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suntrust Bank