Complaint Review: Suntrust Banks, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, February 18, 2010

• Phone: 1-800-786-8787
  • Web:
  • Category:

Suntrust Banks, Inc. Stealing Customers Money Douglasville, Georgia

Do Not Use SunTrust Bank!!!!!!!!

During these national economic struggles, we as a whole need to be treated fairly. My Husband and I have been struggling financially and failed to keep a very accurate ledger of our banking activities. Because of this we had over-drawn our account. Suntrust charged us overdraft fees of 36.00 each for 11 transactions that totals $396.00.

The 11 charges totaled less then $100.00, when I requested for the money to be returned I was given the run around and was told it was not their policy to make returns and was only refunded $180.00. They still stole, as I see it $216.

I requested that in the event, there was no money in our account, to decline the card. They said this was against their policy!

Now, We try not to use Suntrust. Because no matter whom in the chain of command you talk to they will not give you your money back. And once you have received a one time courtesy, if you over- draft again you are completely out of luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2010 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suntrust-Banks-Inc/Douglasville-Georgia-30135/Suntrust-Banks-Inc-Stealing-Customers-Money-Douglasville-Georgia-571355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suntrust Banks, Inc.