Complaint Review: SUPER DAVE'S DIAGNOSTIC & AUTO REPAIRS

• Submitted: Mon, October 25, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, December 25, 2010

• Reported By: Gina & Rachel — Miami Florida United States of America
SUPER DAVE'S DIAGNOSTIC & AUTO REPAIRS
3221 N UNIVERSITY DRIVE`HOLLYWOOD, FL 33024 Internet, Florida United States of America

SUPER DAVE'S DIAGNOSTIC & AUTO REPAIRS HANK PHONY AUTO REPAIRS Internet, Florida

*Consumer Comment: It makes me happy

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: half truth

*Author of original report: SUPER DAVE'S DIAGNOSTIC & AUTO REPAIR

*Consumer Comment: please contact me

*Author of original report: SUPER DAVE'S DIAGNOSTIC & AUTO REPAIR

*Consumer Comment: Super Daves is Legit and in the right.

*Consumer Comment: Might want to consider small claims court...

MY DAUGHTER'S CAR WAS TOWED TO SUPER DAVE'S DIAGNOSTIC & AUTO REPAIR ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 22, 2010.  THEY SAID THEY WOULD LOOK AT IT AND LET US KNOW.  ON SATURDAY HANK FROM SUPER DAVE'S CALLED AND SAID IT WOULD BE $1200.00 TO FIX THE CAR.  HE SAID THAT HE DID GET IT RUNNING BUT THERE WERE OTHER PROBLEMS WITH IT BUT THE ENGINE  WAS RUNNING GOOD THERE WERE NO MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE ENGINE.  WHEN WE GOT THERE HE WANTED $650.00.  i ( HER MOM) SAID THAT WE DID NOT AUTHORIZE ANY WORK IN THAT AMOUNT.  AFTER ALL HE SAW THAT SHE WAS JUST A TEENAGER.  HE THEN TOLD US HE PUT IN A NEW THROTTLE BODY AND BROUGHT THE PRICE DOWN TO $400.00.  WE LEFT DISGUSTED.  THE CARS CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WAS ON NOW AND SHE (RACHEL MY DAUGHTER) WENT BACK IN AND HE SAID IT WAS OK AND IT DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING.  THE CAR WAS RUNNING THE SAME WAY STALLING AND BACKFIRING THE SAME WAY IT WAS WHEN IT WENT IN TO SUPER DAVE'S.  WE TOOK IT TO ANOTHER MECHANIC AND HE SAID THAT IT WAS NOT A NEW THROTTLE BODY AT ALL AND THAT A NEW THROTTLE BODY WAS NOT PUT IN. THE NEW MECHANIC CALLED SUPER DAVE'S AND HANK SAID THERE WAS A WARRENTEE ON THE PART AND THAT HE WOLD LOOK AT IT ON MONDAY. THE PROBLEM WAS THE FUEL PUMP.  WE WENT BACK TO SUPER DAVE'S HANK REFUSED TO SHOW ME THE OLD PART. THEN HE SAID HE WOULD FIX THE CAR WHEN HE HAD A CHANCE THIS IS AFTER WE PAID HIM.  MONDAY RACHEL WAS HAVING THE CAR TOWED TO SUPER DAVE'S TO HAVE IT FIXED AND BECAUSE SHE WAS UPSET THAT THEY SAID THEY PUT A NEW PART ON AND FIXED THE PROBLEM HE REFUSED THE CAR AND WOULD NOT FIX IT.  HE SAID TAKE HIM TO COURT WE WILL NOT WIN.  I CALLED HIM TO TALK TO HIM AND ASK HIM TO PLEASE STAND BY HIS WORK AND WORD AND HE TOLD ME THE CONVERSATION WAS OVER AND HE WOULD NOT TAKE THE CAR.  HE NEVER DID ANYTHING TO THE CAR/WOULD NOT GIVE US ANY MONEY BACK AND WILL NOT FIX THE  CAR. PLEASE HELP US.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUPER-DAVES-DIAGNOSTIC-AUTO-REPAIRS/Internet-Florida-33024/SUPER-DAVES-DIAGNOSTIC-AUTO-REPAIRS-HANK-PHONY-AUTO-REPAIRS-Internet-Florida-654907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUPER DAVE'S DIAGNOSTIC & AUTO REPAIRS

It makes me happy

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I am glad that companies are standing up to obnoxious morons like the OP.

In cases like this, the customer isn't even close to being right.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

half truth

AUTHOR: superdavediagnostics - (United States of America)

The lady with the Honda never stepped foot in our office once, it was always just her foul mouthed daughter. We told her from the beginning that the car needed $1200-1500 in repairs to be right. She asked us just to get it running. We did. She picked it up and then could not pay the $650 bill that she agreed to. So she became this foul mouthed animal and we just wanted her to leave. So we settled with her for $400. The next day she called and said the car wouldn't run. We obviously did not want her to come back for good reason. We explained to her that her behavior was too "street" for us and that if she found the throttle body to be defective we would replace it and again reminded her that the car had lots of problems. She came in with her mechanic who confirmed that we did the right thing upon inspection of her old parts ..he also decided not to work on her car after he saw the way she was acting ...he later informed us the car wouldn't start because the car ran out of gas, but apparently whined enough to her mother to go around the internet posting garbage about my company..As far as you with the mercedes goes get a copy of the original estimate submitted to your insurance company for the repairs needed to make your car right ($3200)if my memory is right..Your adjuster denied the full claim, we even called them out several times to try to help you. We only did what they authorized. Iwould also like to add that your racial remarks that were made in my office were very un-called for. You and this other persons daughter would make excellent friends, two foul mouthed morons

SUPER DAVE'S DIAGNOSTIC & AUTO REPAIR

AUTHOR: Gina - (United States of America)

Please let me know how to contact you since Ripoff report deletes all phone numbers and emails  I am so glad that you said something too I have the Broward  County  Comsumers affairs going after him. I want my money back.  I dont know if thy will take this off either.  I would really like to talk to you.  facebook gina casey killough.Or i work at Lennox in Miami.  We really need to get together on this.  My tow truck dirver did the same thing.  Was it A-1 by any chance?

please contact me

AUTHOR: sharon - (United States of America)

please contact me at (((Redacted))).  The same thing happened to me he ripped me off for $1,700.00.  My car failed the same way 6 weeks later and he wanted to charge me another $750.00. That company is totally incompetent.  And to the person who claims he is honest you work for the company because he is the biggest scam going on!!  I am contacting AAA because my tow guy also suggested him . The tow truck guys must be getting a kick back.  This is not the end!!!!!

SUPER DAVE'S DIAGNOSTIC & AUTO REPAIR

AUTHOR: Gina - (United States of America)

I am glad that you have not had any problems with them but we did.  I understand that she was rude because of her frustration.  You must be a friend of theirs.  They charged me $ 400.00 for not doing any work on the car how would you feel?  They told me it was a new part charged me for a new part and then said it wasn't a new part.  There was a warrentee and then there was not.  Unfortunately you did not hear the whole story since you were not on the phone with him on Saturday or in the office on Saturday when we both were frustrated with Hank's attitude.  He told us first his nephew owned the shop then he owned the shop.  He fixed the car he didn't fix the car. So I am sure you see how this had gotten to a heated argument by Monday morning. Then we still had to pay $ 300.00 to actually fix the fuel pump which is what we told him what the problem was he decided to pretend to put in a new throttle body and supposedly put the part in before we even gave him the ok to and charged us $ 400.00.  This is not the way a business should be run.  I have never taken my car to a shop and had something fixed before the reputiable mechanic told me what was wrong and how much it would cost and given my concent.

Super Daves is Legit and in the right.

AUTHOR: BrettGold333 - (United States of America)

I happened to be in the office the day that this incident occured. This young lady was one of the most rude and disrespectful people I have ever come in contact with in my life. I have been going to Super Daves for years and I have never had ANY problems and have never seen or heard of anyone else ever having a problem. Dave and Hank offered her solutions to her problem but her foul language and disrespect would have led ANY normal business operation to leave.

Might want to consider small claims court...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

What you will need is evidence. If your receipt/invoice from Daves states a new throttle body was installed..all you need to present to the court is this receipt, an affidavit from the second shop to testify it is not new, and a few pictures of the throttle body.

Tell the court what happened and that Dave refused to show you the old part.

If everything you state in this report is accurate, I can't see how you can lose in court. Just remember it does not matter what the mechanic said or promised...the only thing that matters is the physical evidence and what is in writing.