Complaint Review: Superjet Van Lines

• Updated: Thu, June 13, 2013

• Reported By: POed consumer — New Jersey
Superjet Van Lines
1 Ackerman Avenue Clifton, New Jersey USA

Superjet Van Lines LIARS, guarantee but end results nothing, THIEVES, UNPROFESSIONAL; owner please help us! Clifton New Jersey

I have now found multiple reviews in the exact same situation...I would be almost feeling better if I had not read all those reviews and would be able to convince myself that I am wrong.  But now seeing all these people in a similar experience, I am convinced that SUperJet was a Ripoff and needs to be investigated.

I will prefice this email with the fact that this is the first complaint/review i have ever written! To get me to this point means I am very worried and scared about my property and valuables.  I am moving NJ to CA from a 1 bedroom apt to a townhome.

I am a bundle of emotions right now as I am in the middle of a move and in the same exact situation with SuperJet Van lines.  I have been trying to get hold of the owner who the companies employees "cannot find a way to contact him".  He apparently never is seen according to LISA. I am furious with my decision to go with Superjet, who like you was offered everything.

I even read tips on how to select a good moving company...and apparently i fell into a trap of something that was too good to be true.

Your report was lengthy and detailed but i read the whole thing.

My story and lengthy details

May 2013: deposit and contract made with JAKE who promised a prompt pickup and delivery. Quote was ~$1800.  Was told Driver would arrive anywhere from June 5-7.  We said June 6th would be preferred.

May-June 5 2013: multiple emails and calls made to company.. Jake updated on every single item that we were or were not moving.  I did this becasue a tip I read was to keep your moving company updated on what items you have so the driver is aware.  Amongst convos we were told driver would come June 6th afternoon.  We were given multple time frames and finally the day before pickup told driver will be there with 8-11am

We bought our own large boxes, bubble wrap, padding, box plastic wrap.  I spent countless hours boxing all of our belongings into a very organized fashion into boxes. labeled everything and wrapped the boxes.  I color coded all of the boxes and furniture to make sure our stuff was identifiable with labels of our new moving address.  Made the movers life VERY easy.

June 6 2013: We called Driver at 8 am and he stated he would be there in 30 minutes.  Driver arrives at 8:30.  Driver was Robert who came up to look at amount of stuff we had and started the negotiation process right there.  He then went down and brought up 3 other guys (his own son, nephew, friend).  I should have questuioned the process then, but they seemed like good guys.

They were surprised by how ready all the boxes and furniture were for them to pick up and go.  All they had to do was wrap the couch, mattress, TV, and mirror.  They did so and accommplished the move into the truck in less than 2 hours.  The delay was probably from the elevator in our building since there were 4 other apartments moving that time and also had the elevator reserved as we did too.

The movers spent quite a bit of time downstairs after everythign was brought down.  Then 40 minutes later Robert comes up in a fury stating we had 2 choices: either pay $3150 or get our stuff off the truck.  We were furious with how such little amount of stuff could "double in cubic feet".  He stated Jake underquoted us by alot.  We reall did not add anything, infact we left alot of furniture including bed and dining table behind, so we were baffled just like you!!  There was no way it was 700+ cubic ft.

Multiple phone calls made to Superjet--of course Jake was out

Further calls made: Michelle answers and continues to put us on hold to speak with Lisa.  Then hangs up.  This happened 5+ times.  We made the driver Robert call from his number. Lisa picked up his call immediately and spoke with him at length.  At first we did not tell her we were in the same room (which is probably why she spoke with him!). Robert then told her we were there and needed to speak with her. SHe finally took the call.

After more than an hour of negotiating with Lisa who was extremely rude not professional left it up to Robert.

We ended up negotiating a price (much higher than the intial quote).  We also looked at our stuff in the truck to make sure it was what he was saying to more accurately shift things around to match the cubic feet.  I made the moving job sooooo easy by packing and packaging everything sooo well.

Nonethelss we gave every mover a significant tip much higher than any website tells you to give movers.  The idea was that they would take care of our stuff.  Does not seem like that mean much.

June 12 2013: call made to see where our stuff was.  Michelle informs us that the driver did not show up a week ago and so our stuff never left the warehouse.  But its  "being put on the carrier as we speak".  I was furious that no one even called to tell us that the shipment had not started its journey.  My husband specifically flew out to CA early to receive the shipment.

June13 2013: Call company and phone is disconnected.  Try all phone numbers on their website and all are disconnected.  My partner Manage to reach an office in a different state and Peter state that phone lines are down in NJ and office is shut down.

I attempt to call all numbers and phones are disconnected.  I reach the 866 phone number and Jason (claiming to be the manager) answers.  I asked for the real manager and he says it is him.  He also says they were kicked out of the office becasue of the bad weather...(umm doesnt make sensebc he intiially said he was not in NJ).....(LIAR!!).  He even procedes to ask why I am mad and he has never heard from me.  I told him why would he when my partner was dealing with the situation until now.  He put me on hold and texted lisa to call me. He hung up  with me stating that lisa will call.  I had my doubts.

Lisa called in 5 minute.  Right away I asked her how she was able to call me from the 973-732-7177 number when I just tried it and it was disconnected.  She said I was wrong and she has been receiving calls all day. I told her they are all lying and cannot get their stories straight.  She stated I would not know what the weather is like since I am not in NJ.

I was even more maddened.  I told her I could drive over to the warehouse right now.  I live and still am in NJ and state that there was a little rain this morning and weather is fine right now.  She clearly go caught.

I told her I have no idea where my stuff is and superjet is not owning up to it.  She said "what do you mean? its insured and under 1 ackerman drive in clifton".  So then I am even more upset now.  I am like why is it still sitting there! why is it not on the road, it apparently was being loaded yesterday.

Also why is no one calling us to tell us about these delays.  She says we do not need to call you every 20 minutes.  I told her that before we decided to use them as our moving company, they and all movers called every 20 minutes, but once they made the sale with us, they do not care.

Again, LISA is very rude and continued to yell at me not understanding why I was mad.  She says MICHELLE did speak with my husband yesterday and the carrier was being loaded but then unloaded?? bc the driver canceled since it was raining and did not feel like working.  I think most of us feel that way during rain, but we are all professionals and cannot just stop working because of bad weather.  They clain to have a huge warehouse..why cant they just back the truck in and load it>!!!

So now LISA states she guarantees our stuff to be loaded 3rd on June 16.  And I ask her what if it rains again.  SHe has no response to that! as if the thought had not occurred to her.  Obviously bc she is full of it.

I told her the stuff was supposed to arrive by June 13 as stated by Jake as well as her on June 6 when we were being hassled about the price.  She said no way- it was to be loaded onto the truck anywhere from 7-21 days after the 13th.  I said that makes no sense.  Why would we have you pick it up on the 6th and make you wait with the stuff until after the 13th?? while I live out of a suitcase in NJ until the 16th??? MAKES no sense!@!

She then went back to the phone number issue. she called the 973 number from her cellphone and said i was right it wasnt working.  She said she always has calls forwarded from 973 nubmer to her cell phone.  Clearly that should not be the way a company works anyway.

She then proceeded to say that the only thing for me to do is wait for saturday and have things loaded and she will give me the driver name, phone number, and info.  But she said they have 21 days to delvier it to california.  I was so furious at this point.  I told her of my work situatoin and that a 21 day move is rediculous.  I am well aware like yourslef that movers stop at multiple sites.  But to promise  a date and then not even pick it up yet is crazy to me.  SHe said at this point there is nothing I can do except let things get picked up on Saturday and let the delivery happen and then she will accommodate me upon delivery.  I was furious with her response.

She ended our phone conversation by stating she will call me back ina  few after she calls the phone company.  It is now 3 hours later and still no phone call (as expected)

At this point I dont even know what is the truth.  JAKE, JASON, PETER, LISA, MICHELLE have all said different things.  We are continued to be lied to.

This is a plea to the OWNER whose name apparently is STEVE.

Please read this in its entirity.  You are a professional and own this company. I am also a professional with my own work stresses and had decided to use your company to completely avoid this headache that I find myslef in.  Your employees are very rude, they lie.  They are not even good liars since they keep changing their story and give different excuses.  As an owner I expect you would want your consumers to be happy.  Currently, by the reviews on this website and many others, Superjet does not sound appealing and everyone is having problems with these workers.  Please listen to us and resolve these situations.  Do not allow your callers to promise things they cannot give.  They are guaranteeing dates, prices, times, packing just to make the sale.  And once the sale is made they leave it up to LISA to say no thats not what is in this "binding contract"

LISA, JASON, MICHELLE, JAKE are all screening our phonecalls becasue they set the company to go their personal cell phones.  This is not professional.  I dont understand why moving companies always want to steal from consumers.  We as clients are already stressed with leaving our loved ones, starting new jobs, and safely getting ourselves to the new location.  Superjet has exceeded my stress levels.

Like this author, I am also going to reach out to the attorney general of NJ and the trucking association.  At this point, I am also ready to take a refund and have my stuff moved out of your warehouse and to a different moving company.  It is my stuff and I have a right to access it...which your workers are stating I dont have a right to.

I never speak so negatively of anyone, but my gut is right and I feel that Superjet has taken my belongings hostage, ripped me off and stole my money, and now I will never see my belongings, as they think I am no longer in NJ.  I am planning on also takiing a drive to the warehouse with a police officer for my own security and speaking with them in person.

SO STEVE, or any other OWNER, please take action and reach out to us clients to help our desperate situations!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Superjet-Van-Lines/Clifton-New-Jersey-07011/Superjet-Van-Lines-LIARS-guarantee-but-end-results-nothing-THIEVES-UNPROFESSIONAL-ow-1058993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Superjet Van Lines