Complaint Review: Surlean Foods

• Updated: Mon, May 05, 2014

• Reported By: Richard Edwards — Converse Texas
Surlean Foods
2001 S. Laredo St. San Antonio, Texas USA

Patrons be aware, eat at your own risk at Taco Cabana, Bone in the Ground Beef I filed an insurance claim because there was a bone in the ground beef in the taco at Taco Cabana it damaged my tooth seriously and they are refusing to settle this claim and i have all the proof i need to sue! San Antonio Texas

*Author of original report: To: Stacey-O

*Author of original report: received call from Alex Valadez !!!

*Author of original report: ammendment to original complaint!!!

*Consumer Comment: This story is actually true!!!

*Consumer Comment: So

Approximately 1 and 1/2 years ago at a Taco Cabana located at IH 35 N. @ Walzen rd, i bit into a taco that had a cow bone in it and it damaged one of my teeth.  The company Surlean which provides the ground beef to Taco Cabana settle the case within about a month and a half!

This has happened a second time on February 10th, 2014 at the location at, Pat Booker Rd. and Kitty Hawk Rd.  I reported the incident to the General Manager, Paula Kirby in which she witnessed the cow bone i had spit out of my mouth.  Then after i started to have some sharp pain in my teeth, and then she took my information and reported to her main office.  I then contacted the same individual as before by the name of Alex Valadez because she settled the claim before whithout indicent.

Now she is dragging her feet, because the claim now involves more money than before!   Since Feb 10th 2014 the tooth in question has gotten infected and has infected my lymph nodes and is causing me some serious health issues.  So like i said before, you might want to think twice before eating at Taco Cabana which serves the meat from the same company as the one where my tooth was injured.  this is not a small claim it actually reaches up into the 5 digits, and i see no end in sight. So beware when you eat at a taco cabana which serves meat from the Surlean Foods Meat Co.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2014 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Surlean-Foods/San-Antonio-Texas-78207/Patrons-be-aware-eat-at-your-own-risk-at-Taco-Cabana-Bone-in-the-Ground-Beef-I-filed-a-1140524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Surlean Foods

To: Stacey-O

AUTHOR: - ()

Yes stacey i did go to the dentist's office and paid my fee for xrays, and consult, they referred me to a ondodontics or a specialist if you will and i was given an estimate for just under $8,700 to repaird the main structure of where my still damaged tooth is, and then after that i have to go back to the original dentist to have a crown put on but i do not have an estimate on that as of yet!

And yes i did go to the emergency room at the hopital and sat there for several hours before being seen by the doctor at the time, and the diagnosis was that because my tooth was infected because of the damaged tooth, that it also had swollen my lymph node!  I was given a prescription for Penicillin and antibiotic to make the swelling go down, but since the tooth has not been repaired as of yet, because i am still waiting on the insurance for the company that is responsible, I am still continuing to have problems with my tooth!!!

And yes i do have the paper work to show that i did go to the dentist and the doctor!!!

and i also still have part of the bone that was in the taco when i bit down on it, ok?   If you have any other concerns or questions please feel free to contact me again!!!

received call from Alex Valadez !!!

AUTHOR: - ()

At 10:09 am on May 5th, 2014, I received a call from Alex Valadez about my claim and she was stating something about me complaining on this site, and had mentioned the word "slander"  and had mentioned her boss talking to one of their attorneys, and i was to receive a call from her boss today sometime about this claim, so i will write in here later and let you know what was said by her in this conversation!

ammendment to original complaint!!!

AUTHOR: - ()

As i stated in the earlier complaint, i am not saying don't eat at taco cabana, i am just saying be careful when you eat there or at any other restaurant, just because there were some bone fragments in the meat does not deter me from eating there still!  I still eat at taco cabana because i do like their food, and it is not taco cabanas fault that there were some bone fragments found in the ground meat by me when i was eating a taco from the Tex Mex Platter now called something else!

And also, because the company providing the meat had some bone in it does not mean you will get bone in your food, I just want people to understand that, beause already some people are talking about slander, when in fact i am stating truthful facts of what actually happened to me twice at these restaurants!

Just because something happened to me twice, does not mean it will happen to you!

This story is actually true!!!

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I did see a dentist and there is $8,700 worth of damage done to my teeth, and i sent that into the meat company.  2 1/2 months later the tooth is swolen because it became infected, and then infected my lymph node on the left side of my face!  I am on antibiotics (Penicillin) to make the swelling go down!   I have since heard from the people at Surlean Foods and they agreed to pay to have my teeth fixed!

So

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

What did your dentist say when you saw he/she? Did you see your Dr about your lymph nodes?  I highly suspect you did not see either a dentist or Dr because of your statement about this happening several years ago. How big was this bone?  Second time this happens sounds like you just want another pay out.