Complaint Review: swat environmental

• Updated: Wed, August 14, 2013

• Reported By: Randy — Langhorne Pennsylvania
swat environmental
2607 Eaton Rapids Road lansing, Michigan USA

swat environmental air quality control Radon ripoff, More Radon, House Destroyers lansing Michigan

Back in early January 2013 I found SWAT Environmental AKA Air Quality Control to install a radon mitigation system installed in my home. I was told that the system would lower the radon level, that there was a lifetime warranty on the system and 10 years on labor. I paid 695.00 at that time on the phone and set an appointment for the next day. The installer arrived late and when he began installation he said he is not an electrician and not good with wiring.

I explained how the system should be wired according to code and both the company assured me that all holes would be sealed and the system would be properly installed. At that point I left for work and my wife remained home with the installer. Upon my return home I noticed that the wiring was incorrect and in fact a fire hazzard (based on my empirical and practical knowledge. I also noticed many holes had been left in the wall and the work was incomplete. I called swat and their representative stated that the job was completed properly and to send pictures. I did send pictures and was told everything is fine and that I would need to pay them 120.00 to fix what they had done.

I told them they needed to fix the system or refund my money and they refused. About 3 weeks later I contacted my credit card company and they initiated a dispute. I also contacted the PA Department of Environmental Protection who came to my home and inspected the system. During the inspection the DEP found 27 violations and sited SWAT. The company just ignored the sitations and I won my credit card dispute. It Cost me 800.00 to fix what SWAT had done.

Yesterday I received an Email from SWAT stating that they were going to sue me, place me for collections and report me to all 3 credit bureaus. This company has been thrown out of Ohio and other states then they just create a new name and do this again, stay away before they steal from you too!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2013 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/swat-environmental/lansing-Michigan-48911/swat-environmental-air-quality-control-Radon-ripoff-More-Radon-House-Destroyers-lansing-1075775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on swat environmental