Complaint Review: Swat Towing LLC

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2008

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Swat Towing LLC
1731 N. Arizona Ave, Chandler, Arizona 85225 Tom O'Brien, Arizona U.S.A.

Swat Towing LLC Illegal Towing Tom O'Brien Arizona

While helping a legally disabled woman move out of a domestic violence center into new apartment with donated furniture, I parked my truck in disabled parking spot because it was the only spot near where we had to carry the furniture to, for less than ten minutes with her legal disabled placard on the window under the windshield wiper. Now, putting the disable placard on the front of window was the mistake of her daughter, because I had just automatically hit the lock button while moving heavy furntiture and forgot that she didn't have a key. we were gone from truck less than 10 minutes and the truck was towed and the placard gone---stolen by someone. The police immediatedly gave me the towing company number---the lady answer phone for towing company slurred her word was impolite and refused to answer any questions---just said bring cash. I went on web---to corporations commission site: Swat Towing LLC (#L-1353569-0) is also doing business as Auto Citi Towing, agent of process is Troy C. Meyers, company representatives to Tempe Towing Commission are Tom O'Brien and Pete Colantani. These three men are all involved in apartment ownership and mangement and so call community service (otherwise known as going to government support function like Tempe and Chandler "Police and Other" Civic support group. It appears that Colanani was a member of the Tempe City commission on Towing when the exclusive towing for all Tempe was being awarded to Swat Towing---however, protest by citizens about bad service and illegal towing (reported on this site for Towing out of Wendy's parking lot)--resulted in two companies sharing towing in Tempe. It appears that these towing companies Swat in Tempe and Autociti in Chandler are regularly patroling just to tow regardless of whether there is a violation or not. I need more people willing to join me and the Wendy's complaint to file in small claims court---if we can find a bunch of these improper tows and go to court all together complaining about them---we may get our fees and time and pain trouble back from small claims court. but I need more people upset and more knowledge about the kick backs from places like Wendy's and these apartments. Their demand for cash and NOT GETTING VIOLATIONS FEES for the city for illegal activity (why if it was a legitmate breacking of the disabled parking was not a ticket issued for city to profit). Most people will just pay the illegal tow and be thankful didn't get a ticket. but I have copies of the disabled placard and five (5) witness who saw the placard on the truck. Please, send me information I want to get these complaint before city counsel and in ASU newspaper where I hear half the student body wants to get rid of these illegal towing companies.

Joyce good samatartine
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 03:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swat-Towing-LLC/Tom-OBrien-Arizona-85225/Swat-Towing-LLC-Illegal-Towing-Tom-OBrien-Arizona-340545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swat Towing LLC