Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Updated: Fri, October 05, 2012

• Reported By: Gary — Somerdale New Jersey United States of America
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
Dallas, Texas United States of America

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Joe Carter 1-876-391-0296 Tried to collect acct. number of credit card by claiming I had won 2.5 million and Mercedes Dallas, Texas

Phone Call...You have won 2.5 million dollars and a new Mercedes. We will deposit $10,000 in a PNC Bank account so you can pay off your credit cards. This is a deposit, showing good faith.

Just call your CC Co., give them the acct.# and routing # I just gave you, and pay off your balances.This will let us know that you have received the funds and we can pay the FTC a portion of the taxes you will owe, and I can then release the winning prize money to you!

First called at 10:00. The "driver" was in the area and he gave me the name...Joe Carter and contact #. Was told to pay off credit cards, get confirmation # so that he could call the Prize Award Team, and come make the presentation.

First amount "owed" to the FTC, was $17,000, and I had to pay them a portion of the owed money. I refused, because if I used their acct. # to pay off card, it would give them my card #.

I kept refusing and asked that if the "prize team" was in the area and waiting to make the award...show up in my parking lot so that I could confirm that it was not a scam..!

He refused, saying he would work with me. Just withdraw $1,500 and get a money card...then the amount went down to $500..still refused....JUST TELL ME WHERE THE PRIZE TEAM IS..... Let me see them and prove to myself that it is " NOT A SCAM"...Can't do it...!

I hung up and have not heard back...now it is 12:30

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-Joe-Carter-1-876-391-0296-Tried-to-collect-acct-number-of-cred-951209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse