• Report: #251970

• Submitted: Sun, June 03, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, June 03, 2007

• Reported By:L'Anse Michigan
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Consolation Prize Winner Scam ripoff Dallas Texas

I received an official looking correspondence from this company staing that I had been awarded a consolation prize in the TEN MILLION DOLLAR SWEEPSTAKES CLEARINGHOUSE GIVEAWAY.

I was instructed to send acheck for the remainder of the cost of the item I chose (Dell Laptop). The amount I wrote the check for was $379.95 and the check was cashed through my bank on May 7,2007 and I still have not received ANYTHING from them. When I try to check my acct status on line it ask for my customer number which I never received.

I e-mailed the co. and never got a reply and the automated phone system does not give you the option of talking to a live person but I did leave a voice message but never got a response.
According to the fine print in the literature I received from this company, after receiving my check my "merchandise claim is shipped promptly, and while some selections may occasionally be unavailable the the time of order, you will be notified immdediately of any delay subject to your satisfaction guarantee."

I talked to my local Police Cheif and he suggested going to the Better Business Bureau which I am in the process of initiating.

L'Anse, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2007 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-Consolation-Prize-Winner-Scam-ripoff-Dallas-Texas-251970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse