Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Submitted: Tue, January 13, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 13, 2009

• Reported By:Mount Vernon Ohio
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse soliciting purchase of overpriced, poor quality items for a fraction of their "value". Dallas Texas

My father received an offer from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse offering an Omni2 12mp camera, a $399.95 camera-for $99.95. He ordered it for me for Christmas. It came C.O.D., which he wasn't expecting-almost $18. Although they claim it was clearly disclosed, the way they say they listed it did not make it clear that there was an additional charge due on delivery. This camera is not worth $118, let alone $400. It's not even truly 12mp. It's a 5.1 mp sensor. You only get 12mp with software manipulation.

He had taken a couple test pictures that weren't too bad. We opened it at Christmas and took most of our pics with it. The next day we went to use it again for more pics and began to have trouble getting it to stay on. It finally got to where it would boot up then shut back down.

It was difficult to get the pics out that were in it. When we got them downloaded, we found that most of them were either too dark or too light. Most were blurry. The color tended to be much more pink or yellow than the actual situation was.

I did some research on the camera and found this site and others with complaints about the camera. I finally got contact information from my father about the company (Sweepstakes Clearinghouse) and managed to contact them. I also found many scam reports about them.

There was absolutely no contact info with the camera - for the seller or the manufacturer. I believe it to be manufactured by a company call Shine Zone. If you've got an Omni2, look at this http://www.shinezonecn.com/pro/show_pro_dc529s.htm. It should describe your camera exactly, although there is no other helpful info there. It appears to be a site for resellers from a cheap foreign wholesaler.

I wanted to return the camera for a refund. They said that it was past the 30 days for refund (which started Dec 11 when it was delivered, today is Jan 13-There was nothing on any of the literature left from the order or anything that came with it noting this restriction. Apparently the only place this was proclaimed was on the ticket that had to be sent in to get the camera.) Thus, it was only under one year warranty for replacement.

Given the circumstances, any reputable company I have ever dealt with would have worked with me in that time frame- being a gift, less than 30 days after Christmas, only 2 days past 30 days since delivery. Their "gracious exception" was to pay for shipping. I don't want another piece of their cheap, overpriced junk. I want the money back so I can get a good quality product from a reputable merchant.

Not only are we stuck with junk, we lost most of the Christmas memories we tried to preserve with it because of its pathetic quality.

Brenda
Mount Vernon, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2009 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-soliciting-purchase-of-overpriced-poor-quality-items-for-a-frac-411798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse