recommendations

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row, PO Box 569600 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Computer ripoff/defective computer Dallas , Texas

*Consumer Comment: and...

*Author of original report: Finally, a brain

*Consumer Comment: I bought a used computer once

*Consumer Comment: EM Radiation

*Consumer Comment: Yes

*Author of original report: Wasting your time?

*Author of original report: Yes, Very Serious

*Consumer Comment: Serious?

*Consumer Comment: Your complaint belongs in the funny papers

I made the mistake of buying a refurbished Dell computer from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse after they kept sending me mail.  I thought if I would buy something it would "appease" them and maybe they would stop sending me their trash.

I ended up getting a refurbished dell that had to be used via phone line to connect to the internet and could not be used via ethernet.  That wasn't the problem.  The problem was as I was setting up and used the computer, it actually started to give me a headache and made me mentally sick.  I know this may be hard for you to believe, but it is the truth.  My complaint is that this hacked refurbished computer system actually damaged my brain, caused headaches, and forced me on medication.  There must have been a malfunction, something improper running in the background, or some virus installed.

I would not recommend buying anything from this company, especially one of their computers.  I have used many computers before with no problems like this.  This was horrible and literally changed my life.  I never want to have contact with these dirtbags again, and wish they would stop sending me their trash.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2011 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75356/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-Computer-ripoffdefective-computer-Dallas-Texas-727354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

and...

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"Thank you for being intelligent, compassionate, and reasonable."

and condescending

Finally, a brain

AUTHOR: sick&tired - (USA)

Your rebuttal was the first to finally take the issue seriously and make some sense.  Perhaps I was too strong in my original language.  It didn't actually damage my brain, because I have recovered, but it did make me sick during and after use, and caused terrible headaches.  There was no other cause.  If I used the computer, the longer I used it, the worse I got.  Perhaps there is something to what you are saying about the electromagnetic field.  No other computer ever did anything like this to me.  You could put two computers right next to each other, use one and be fine, and then use the one I bought from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse and have a totally different experience.  I am not insane, didn't make this up, and am no laughing stock.  I appreciate your reply and your understanding of my problem.  Thank you for being intelligent, compassionate, and reasonable.

I bought a used computer once

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Didn't have problems with headaches, but it had stuff on it that gave me quite a few erections.

EM Radiation

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse is well known for tricking people into believing they won vouchers for all kinds of poorly made crap. Now I'm not an IT guy or a doctor but think your symptoms are real. First there is no way that your symptoms are caused by a virus or some other program.  Computers don't work that way.  But what might be possible is that a poorly rebuilt computer (or possibly the monitor) may not be properly shielded against electro magnetic radiation.   It is possible this aggravated a preexisting EM sensitivity and that maybe the cause of your symptoms.

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I might be sorry, but after having worked on literally thousands of computers including main frames from 1962 in the Navy until last year when I retired, I know that there is no way in the world a computer can give you brain damage and force you on medication.  They are nothing but collections of hardware.  Computer virus is just a word that is used to describe software that damages or affects the computer software, they have no relationship to living people whether they are in the background or otherwise.

And yes, I still find it hilarious and would like to know how it forced you on medication and what the doctor said who prescribed it..

Also, buying something to appease a company is pretty strange in itself.

Good luck!

Wasting your time?

AUTHOR: sick&tired - (USA)

I am glad you enjoyed my post, and I am glad it makes people like you laugh.  Had you gone through the experience yourself, perhaps you would be reacting differently.  I honestly hope you never have an experience like mine.  My brain was not pre-damaged, however I do question my sanity for buying a refurbished computer from these people.  The truth is, I did buy it to appease the senders of the constant junk mail I receive in hopes that it would stop.  Perhaps thats evidence of insanity.  Perhaps you are not smart enough or compassionate enough to understand the nature of my post and complaint.  I am also happy for you that you spend your time reading ripoff report for this purpose.  It gives me some insight into the type of life, or lack thereof, that you must lead.  At any rate, I am glad you got some pleasure out of it.  I am curious what kind of other sick things you take pleasure in.  This is not a pissing contest and I didn't intend to make it one.  I just wanted to tell the truth about a product I bought and the experience I had.

Yes, Very Serious

AUTHOR: sick&tired - (USA)

You can't make this stuff up.  A member of the Pennsylvania State Police I consulted stated that perhaps something was "running in the background" to cause the malfunction.  Yes, I am very serious.  You guys built/refurbished the computer, not I.

Serious?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

And people wonder why I read ripoffreport.

This is a keeper, I'm going to print it out and share it with anyone I encounter.

This is awesome!! The computer actually damaged your brain? Maybe it was pre-damaged. What medication did it force you on?

Your complaint belongs in the funny papers

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You bought the computer to appease the seller. I thought people bought things because they needed or wanted the item. A computer virus affects the data on the hard drive, not the humans around it.