Complaint Review: SweetBoots

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: Jeanne — Leesburg Virginia
SweetBoots
Boston, Massachusetts USA

SweetBoots SweetFootWear Sweet Boots SweetBoots.com Rip off Fraud Theft Boston Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Update: Refund Issued

On 1/4/2012, I ordered two pairs of shoes from SweetBoots.

On 1/13/2012 I received the shoes and contacted the seller via email to notify him that one pair was too small and to request information on a size exchange. The pair of shoes in question cost me 69.99.

On 1/17/2012, Herb returned my email with instructions to purchase shipping from him for $30 and to send the box back to the manufacturer, not him, with an identifying customer number inside the box. I purchased the shipping on the website, per his instructions and send the shoes back on 3/13/2012 with the customer number inside the box and shipped them to the manufacturer for a cost of $12.49.

On 5/3/2012, I contacted the seller again to let him know that the shoes had been returned by the manufacturer completely unopened with a note written on the package that they required an RMA number for return. I asked for additional instructions.

On 5/3/2012, the seller (Herb) responded to my email and amended his previous instructions to tell me to put the number not in the box, but on the outside of the box.

On 5/29/2012, I again followed the instructions and re-shipped the shoes to the manufacturer with the number on the outside of the box for a cost of $9.34.

On 6/28/2012, I contacted the seller to inform him that once again, the package had been returned to me completely unopened by the manufacturer with a note on the outside saying that number I provided was too many digits. I requested additional instructions and a resolution at this time.

On 6/30/2012, Herb wrote back to say that he would be in touch with with the manufacturer to sort the matter out. On 7/5/2012, he wrote back to provide me with the correct identification number for the box.

On 10/1/2012, I shipped the shoes to the manufacturer for the third time with the correct number on the outside of the box for a cost of $9.30.

On 10/5/2012, the shoes were delivered to the manufacturer and were not returned to me. I have since not received correspondence, refund, or the exchange pair.

At this point, I have paid over $130 for these shoes - nearly twice their original cost - and I still don't have the shoes. I have contacted the seller on multiple occasions, with documentation, to request a resolution. Ignoring my emails and requests for resolution is not a way to dismiss the theft here. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I encourage all others to do so as well. If you can provide them the address your shoes were shipped from so that they have a better chance of tracking him down, I highly recommend it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SweetBoots/Boston-Massachusetts-02118/SweetBoots-SweetFootWear-Sweet-Boots-SweetBootscom-Rip-off-Fraud-Theft-Boston-Massachuse-1080062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SweetBoots

Update: Refund Issued

AUTHOR: Jeanne - ()

Herb got in touch with me after reading this report and as of December, I had recieved a refund check from him for $100. It is frustrating that it took nearly a year and a half to resolve, but at least it was resolved.