Complaint Review: swift mover van lines

• Submitted: Thu, July 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, July 11, 2013

• Reported By: mitchell — bellmore New York
swift mover van lines
3131 Coney Island Avenue, brooklyn, ny brooklyn, New York USA

swift mover van lines royal van lines RIP OFF & THIEVES brooklyn New York

I recently moved from Long Island, NY to South Florida. I choose Swift Mover Van Lines because they told me ALL employees were Swift employees. FALSE. I spoke with Anthony and unlike their web site, this is a one man operation. When you call, it is ALWAYS Anthony anserwering and when out of the office all calls are forwarded to his cell.

Long story short. I was given a price of $950 for the move. Too good to be real but I am the idiot as I had mjor companies tell me the move was going to be $1500. Once the truck was loaded I was told it wouldbe an addittional $200 because it was more cubic feet. Well I went with Swift and I didn't take possession of my apartment until Monday July 1st. IF the movers were able to get there early on a week day I was able to get the key to let the movers in ONLY Mon-Fri as the building doesn't allow weekend deliveries.

I gave swift three weeks to get this done. They said NO PROBLEM, we will be there June 26-June 28 which is Wed-Fri. Well Friday they tell me they will be there on Sunday which was not possible for the building. I was told it was my problem and thus I had to pay the driver an additional $400 for waiting from Sunday till monday and when they arrived they unloaded from the back and not the side so now it was 80 feet instead of 45 feet and an additional $75 more.

The driver and his crew were INDEPENDENT from Swift. The mattress and box spring were not wrapped and were dragged through the street into the apartment and were now BLACK. My $800 bed was now garbage. NOTHING was wrapped in blankets. ALL my furniture was broken. They brought up my desk laid it on the floor and put the four legs on top. My 200 LB. glass table top was chipped and cracked. I complained and these nasty people said your problem file a claim with Swift.

So total my move cost me $1625 more than professional companies and 85% of my furniture was broken and I also had two of my boxes stolen. I found out that SWIFT does not have a liscense to deliver in Dade, Broward, Hillsbough or Palm Beach county. This is why they broker it out and all Anthony says is he lived up to his end. If I could discourage one person from using Swift than this write up will be worth it. I took no addittional insurance so my bed I am getting $30 dollars. Standard insurance is .60 cents a pound. Totally crazy which is what the government determines.

Peace Out

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/swift-mover-van-lines/brooklyn-New-York/swift-mover-van-lines-royal-van-lines-RIP-OFF-THIEVES-brooklyn-New-York-1066326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on swift mover van lines