Complaint Review: swipeauctions

*Consumer Comment: Swipe auctions is a big scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Swipe auction is a ripoff

*Author of original report: Received Refund

*UPDATE Employee: SwipeAuctions

Swipeacutions is a SCAM!!!  I am usually very careful about not getting scammed on Internet sites but I was a sucker this time.  I read all the FAQ's and information on the site I found. Seemed easy enough but then I tried to register to bid, only to find out AFTER that fact that it cost me $159 just to sign up. Then I watched the actual auctions, what a joke, they are endless and costs the bidder way more than the few cents advertised.  Within 5 minutes I knew I had been ripped off. I am ashamed the I was sucked into this scam. Please be smarter than me. Don't sign up, don't go there. SCAMMERS! LIERS! THEIFS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2010 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/swipeauctions/internet/swipeauctions-Swipe-auctions-is-a-SCAM-BEWARE-Internet-643657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on swipeauctions

Swipe auctions is a big scam

AUTHOR: bchurch377 - (USA)

I to did the same as u. There was nothing stating anything about the $159.00 charge until after they take your money. I know exactly what you are talking about. I did everything I was told to do, everything and still no refund. I am disabled and live on a fixed income so when they took my money I fought to get it back right away. This was I think in January and I'm still waiting. If it's not a scam why are there so many people complaining? I have not heard of anyone else getting a refund.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Swipe auction is a ripoff

AUTHOR: rosannf - (United States of America)

It is a scam I was asked for my info i was under the impression it was like ebay. I requested a refund after thry almost drained my acct by taking 162.00. They said send in the refund slip i did then they said weeks later it was approved wait 7-10 days. still no refund. Now tonight i was told they r in shut down mode what bs!! They are thieves!!

Received Refund

AUTHOR: NEMom - (United States of America)

I contacted Laura at swipeauctions.com, who had posted on this report, and she did infact process a refund for their fees.

Thank you Laura for taking care of this.

SwipeAuctions

AUTHOR: SwipeBids - (USA)

Good Afternoon NeMom,

My name is Jennifer, I am the Head of Customer Service for SwipeAuctions.  I assure you we are not a scam as we mention our membership fee several times within our final auction page. The reason we have this membership fee is because we offer our hourly, daily and monthly  (Honda Civic) contests, we could not offer these otherwise. Our "About Us" page is full of information about our company and how the auctions work, please visit link below:
As well for strategies and ideas on how to win auctions visit link below:

I would be more then happy to assist in any concerns you may have regarding a refund or other issues. Please contact me personally at jennifer@swipeauctions.com, please include your first/last name, user name, email address linked to your account and the link to this post. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,