Complaint Review: syco sports of tampa bay

• Submitted: Fri, July 12, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: vendetta — st.petersburg Florida
syco sports of tampa bay
461 88 th. ave n. st.petersburg, Florida USA

syco sports of tampa bay broken parts st.petersburg Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to Report dated July 12, 2013

The owner of this place always claims' we'in 'his ads. He is 1 person with no talent or ability to fix what he says. He will break your bike and blame the bike. After neglecting to do the repair for weeks he will claim the bike was too old or parts were worn etc.Avoid him at all costs or it will cost you twice as much....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/syco-sports-of-tampa-bay/stpetersburg-Florida-33702/syco-sports-of-tampa-bay-broken-parts-stpetersburg-Florida-1066540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on syco sports of tampa bay

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to Report dated July 12, 2013

AUTHOR: SycoSports-RJW - ()

RESPONSE

First of all, had the person who filed this complaint been honest and forthcoming enough to take the time to contact me directly instead of posting a complaint in this site, I would have made every effort possible to rectify the issues mentioned or explain again in detail why the bike could not be fixed. I only recently became aware of this complaint and will now attempt to answer each compliant issue.

Regarding fixing the bike: since I have no idea who this person is or the details of what was wrong with the bike when it was first brought to me, I can’t adequately respond to the specific issue regarding why the bike could not be repaired.

Some bikes brought to me for repair are old, have not been properly maintained or have been sitting unattended for a long time, even years exposed to the elements without benefit of cover.  In these cases, it is often impossible to repair or restore them.  I inform my customers in the very beginning before I even begin working on the bike that I might not be able to perform the repairs necessary to get the bike back in good running condition.

Most of the larger motorcycle shops won’t even consider working on these bikes.  There is too much wrong with them.  When that turns out to be the case, not only do I explain to them why the bike can’t be repaired, I show them the problem or problems so they will understand why the bike is beyond repair or not worth the expense to repair it.  I take pictures of the problem areas to show them as well.

Regarding the time to complete the repairs:  If for any reason, it turns out a job is going to take longer than originally anticipated, part of my regular customer service is to keep my customers informed as to the progress of the work being done and the reasons for any delays.  If parts must be ordered, permission to purchase the parts on behalf of the customer is required.  Purchasing necessary parts can also delay the job completion. Parts that are purchased in order to the complete the job are billed to the customer.

As for the diagnostic fee I charge: as with any other motorcycle repair shop, I charge a bench or diagnostic fee to determine the problem.  If we (the customer and I) agree that the motorcycle is worth the cost to repair it, then at the customer’s request only, the repairs are completed and the diagnostic fee is included in the final cost. If it is deemed that the motorcycle is not worth the cost to repair it, only the diagnostic fee is charged.

Regarding my business:  I am a fully licensed motorcycle repair shop in the State of Florida and use the customer work forms specified by the state with all necessary disclaimers read and signed by each customer prior to commencement of the work.  I am a sole proprietorship and perform most of the work myself.  When talking with prospective customers, I make these facts very clear.  The word “we” is used in my ads because I do hire part-time certified mechanics. I have worked on, ridden and raced motorcycles all my adult life and have many satisfied customers.