Complaint Review: syco sports

• Submitted: Sun, April 15, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, April 15, 2012

• Reported By: greek — st.petersburg Florida United States of America
syco sports
461 88th. ave.n.st.petersburg florida st. petersburg, Florida United States of America

syco sports syco sports tampa bay not licensed or bonded ,shoddy work if any work at all, lost parts broken parts when returned st. petersburg, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I AM a sole propiertory licensed in Florida

He tell me he fix my engine to not make smoke or backfire. Then I go get bike and it is still bad.Say he charge me for instructions for him to fix bike.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2012 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/syco-sports/st-petersburg-Florida-33740/syco-sports-syco-sports-tampa-bay-not-licensed-or-bonded-shoddy-work-if-any-work-at-all-868891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on syco sports

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I AM a sole propiertory licensed in Florida

AUTHOR: SycoSports-RJW - ()

First of all, had the person who filed this complaint been honest and forthcoming enough to take the time to contact me directly instead of posting a complaint here in this site, I would have made every effort possible to rectify the issues mentioned or explain again in detail why the bike could not be fixed.  I only recently became aware of this complaint and will now attempt to answer each compliant issue.

Regarding fixing the engine in this bike: since I have no idea who this person is or the details of what was wrong with the bike when it was first brought to me, I can’t adequately respond to the issue involving why the engine could not be repaired.

Some bikes brought to me for repair are old, have not been properly maintained or have been sitting unattended for a long time, even years.  Often, it is impossible to repair or restore them.  I inform my customers in the very beginning before I even begin working on the bike that I might not be able to perform the repairs necessary to get the bike back in good running condition.

Most of the larger motorcycle shops won’t even consider working on these bikes.  There is too much wrong with them.  When that turns out to be the case, not only do I explain to them why the bike can’t be repaired, I show them the problem or problems so they will understand why the bike is beyond repair or not worth the expense to repair it.  As part of my regular service, I keep customers informed so they are always fully aware of the progress of the work being done. I also take pictures during each phase of the repairs to show any problem areas to my customers.

As for my being licensed:  I am a fully licensed motorcycle repair shop in the State of Florida and use the customer work forms specified by the state with all necessary disclaimers read and signed by each customer prior to commencement of the work.  I am a sole proprietorship and perform most of the work myself.  When talking with prospective customers, I make these facts very clear.  The word “we” is used in my ads because I do hire part-time certified mechanics. I have worked on, ridden and raced motorcycles all my adult life and have many satisfied customers.

As for the diagnostic fee I charge: as with any other motorcycle repair shop, I charge a bench or diagnostic fee to determine the problem.  If we (the customer and I) agree that the motorcycle is worth the cost to repair it, then at the customer’s request only, the repairs are completed and the diagnostic fee is included in the final cost. If it is deemed that the motorcycle is not worth the cost to repair it, only the diagnostic fee is charged.

As for keeping the parts: I never, ever keep parts from a customer’s bike and not return them to a customer.