Complaint Review: Systrum Energy

• Updated: Wed, February 19, 2014

• Reported By: RVM — Rutherford New Jersey
Systrum Energy
1 Bergen Blvd Fairview , New Jersey USA

Systrum Energy Huge, sudden rate increase way above (((competitor's name redacted))) comparable rate Fairview New Jersey

I switched from (((competitor's name redacted))) to Systrum Energy as an electric provider in March 2013 -- they advertised 20% lower rates, and they were true to their word until last month (Jan. 2014), when a comparable electric bill from (((redacted))) that would have been $140 suddenly jumped to $440 on my Systrum bill.  That's a staggering, insane increase.  They immediately steered me back to (((redacted))), but the (((redacted))) billing cycle can't go into effect for me until March 10.  In the meantime, I am royally screwed with excessive, obscene bills.  There is NO WAY such an increase can be justified, cold winter or not.  Indeed, I actually used LESS electric in the month leading up to the $440 bill than I had the month before, for which I was billed $156.  (I already contacted the state utilities board and a pair of law firms that are investigating a potential class action lawsuit against Systrum.) I haven't yet paid the $440 utility bill.  Help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Systrum-Energy/Fairview-New-Jersey-07022/Systrum-Energy-Huge-sudden-rate-increase-way-above-competitors-name-redacted-comp-1124768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Systrum Energy