Complaint Review: T-mobile Lakewood (8014) Store

• Updated: Mon, August 12, 2013

• Reported By: Teela Allen — Westport Washington
T-mobile Lakewood (8014) Store
10011 Bridgeport Way SW suite 1000 Lakewood, Washington USA

T-mobile Lakewood (8014) Store Deceptive, Lies to get Sales, No Respect for Fellow Humans, Praying on the Naive Lakewood Washington

I visited this T-mobile retail store looking for a mobile Hotspot device and service that would work well for me while I traveled through the western US. I was encouraged to buy a T-mobile Sonic 4G Mobile Hotspot, and was told that it would have uninterupted service along Interstate-5 and mostly cover the small, out-of-the-way towns I would be staying in. Although I have encountered long stretches of I-5 with No Network coverage at all, I let it slide because a lot of areas with poor coverage still have 2G network, and that is usually sufficient for what I need to do. Or, it has been until recently. After almost a year I started having problems where I would have 5 full bars of 2G network but not be able to send or receive any information over the network. Sometimes the device won't even stay connected to a full signal 2G network, but keeps trying to connect, disconnecting, and trying to connect again. When I called T-mobile tech support I was promptly told that the device I was sold is not guaranteed to work on 2G or 3G networks, which makes up much of their available T-mobile network outside of major metropolitan areas in the western half of the US. I was told that T-mobile has plans to update their entire network to 4G, but the estimated completion date is some time in 2015. I was lied to by two male employees about what kind of coverage I could expect in low and medium population areas. Some western states such at MT, SD, ND, WY, & NE have almost no coverage at all. Others such as OR, NV, & ID have some coverage in highly populated cities and tourist towns, but for the most part are also without network. I was also lied to about the total cost of my bill after fees and taxes. I ended up being charged about $70 more than the end price I was given. I notice today that this store has some horrible reviews online, and I am not the only person who was duped by these liars hoping to earn a little undue commission. I think that this store and perhaps the T-mobile corporation itself should be held responsible for their shifty sales tactics, and take responsibility for the false advertising and misinformation their customers have been subjected to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-mobile-Lakewood-8014-Store/Lakewood-Washington-98499/T-mobile-Lakewood-8014-Store-Deceptive-Lies-to-get-Sales-No-Respect-for-Fellow-Humans-1075093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-mobile Lakewood (8014) Store