I represent a small, but rapidly growing business providing education alternatives to students and professionals across the country. Until quite recently, we used T-Mobile for all of our business needs. As of June 13, 2011, we had 6 accounts with T-Mobile, with 5 lines to each account. On June 13, an employee contacted T-Mobile and let the representative know that we wished to cancel our services with them, as we had changing business needs that could be better addressed with a different carrier. Our employee was instructed to email T-Mobile's Business department to finalize the matter.
However, we continued receiving bills from T-Mobile. At first, we assumed this was the end-of-cycle, final bill, that comes with the T-Mobile contract. Unfortunately, bills continued to arrive at our offices. I got on the phone to speak with a representative. I was informed that no email had been received and all 6 accounts were currently active, but if I'd like to cancel the accounts, she would make a manual note to associate with the accounts, as well as give me the email address of the Business Care department to officially cancel. I told her that we had already done this, and that our accounts should be amended to the original date of cancellation, as well as given credit for the fees paid in the meantime. She then informed me that she was not authorized to speak about the matter, and that I'd need to direct all further concerns through email to the Business Care department. So, on July 28, 2011, our company sent yet another email to T-Mobile's Business Care department (email@example.com, if you are curious, as this email is, conveniently, difficult to find online).
On August 8, 2011, our office received another round of bills from T-Mobile. I called T-Mobile again, only to be informed that no records of a desire to cancel the accounts had ever been received. I told the representative that this was impossible, as we had proof of months of correspondence between our company and theirs. After being run around for over an hour with various departments and representatives, I was put in touch with Andrea (Operator ID available upon request). She informed me that there were in fact records of contact associated with our accounts. She didn't understand why action hadn't been taken on T-Mobile's part, but she was able to manually cancel all accounts. Andrea also informed me that it can take up to 2 weeks for the Business Care department to respond, and that any further action would need to be handled through them.
On September 15, 2011, we received a call from T-Mobile alerting that there was a past due balance associated with one of our accounts. I called once more and was lucky enough to get in touch with Charlene (Operator ID available upon request). She listened to our predicament and suggested writing a new letter to T-Mobile's Business Care department.
Our third email to firstname.lastname@example.org finally elicited a response. It held no information and simply said that they had no records of the original June 13th email and to please produce evidence of its existence. In response, I included a copy of both the first and second emails our company had sent to the Business Care department of T-Mobile. T-Mobile's response was simply that they had no record of either email.
In the meantime, our office began getting calls from a collections agency. T-Mobile had passed off our outstanding bills (due to an active and legitimate dispute with their company) to an outside collections agency.
I emailed the Business Care Department again. I told them that a customer cannot be held accountable for T-Mobile's ability to track its information, and that we had certainly produced more than enough proof on our end. I also asked them to cease and desist any and all passing off of our outstanding balances to outside agencies while a dispute about said balances was in active negotiations.
The next response informed me that suddenly, and quite conveniently, I was not an "Authorized User" on the account and therefore would not be dealt with. My response detailed that I had been an authorized user, and had discussed the accounts in depth, for the past 4 months. At this point, I alerted T-Mobile that if swift action was not taken on our behalf, then we would be pursuing legal action out of necessity.
T-Mobile's final response email said simply: "Because you have chosen to take legal action against T-Mobile, we will no longer be able to assist you through Business Care. Please forward all further correspondence in writing to: T-Mobile Wireless, Legal Department, 12920 SE 38th Street, Bellevue, WA 98006-1350"
I realize that this report is a long one. After 5 months of dealing with T-Mobile, I am left utterly shocked and appalled. It is a company that treats its customers maliciously, and acts not out of care for them, but out of the deepest and most unpleasant greed. T-Mobile has lied. T-Mobile has misrepresented the information that it has. T-Mobile has ignored me and hung up on me. T-Mobile is still sending bills to our office.
Currently, we are seeking legal representation to sue T-Mobile for damages. We'd prefer to settle out of court, as this has cost our little company more than we'd ever imagined already. However, if T-Mobile is unwilling, we will be pursing further action. Rest assured, though we be but little, we are fierce. For T-Mobile to continually stamp down and squash the very people it claims to serve, is utterly disdainful. And someone, somewhere, needs to stand up for the little guy - especially in these economic times.