Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• Updated: Thu, August 14, 2014

• Reported By: Dan — Sterling Heights Michigan
T-Mobile
12920 SE 38th St Bellevue, Washington USA

T-Mobile tmobile charging 100 times more than something is worth. Bellevue Washington

I've been a T-Mobile customer since 2008. Recently I had to call abroad using their service.  It ended up costing $2.69 per minute. Upon researching more about the country I was calling, I discovered the regulated (by the National Telecom Regulator) prices that are being charged towards operators to call that specific country. Its $0.02/minute or less, depending on the volume.  So, long story short: T-Mobile is buying a minute for $0.02 and reselling the same minute for $2.69.  I call this a RIP-OFF.  Upon calling them, I was told that they would charge *just* 20 cents/minute if I were to pay them an additional $10/month.   Kind of reminds me of the "taxes" mobsters were charging in Chicago back in the days of Al Capone.   So, besides them asking for $10 so they don't rip me off that hard, they were also trying to suggest its a great deal.  (Look towards Skype if you want a good deal - $0.036 cents/minute for what T-Mobile was charging $2.69).

To make it even more clear why I am so outraged about this prices, please consider the following hypothetical situation:  You are in the market for buying a new car. The car manufacturer is selling the car at $20.000  (the 2 cents i mentioned) .  T-Mobile is the car dealer. They are buying these cars for the manufacturer selling price of $20.000.   I am the customer and I am buying the car. T-Mobile sells me the car for $2.690.000 (that's the exact same proportions between their 2 cents buying price and the $2.69 - what they are charging me per minute).  Then they will ask for a fee $10.000.000 for giving me the privilege to purchase that car not for $2.69 million but rather for the discounted price of $200.000 (that's in reference to the $10 fee they were claiming to have the price reduced to 20 cents per minute.  )    If that's not a RIP OFF , I don't know what is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2014 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/Bellevue-Washington-98006/T-Mobile-tmobile-charging-100-times-more-than-something-is-worth-Bellevue-Washington-1169773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile