Complaint Review: Table Mate

• Reported By: linJack — Chester Virginia
Table Mate
PO Box 3179 Wallingford, Connecticut USA

Table Mate DECEPTIVE ADVERTISMENT Wallingford Connecticut

I am writing because on Saturday 10 August 2013 I saw thier add on TV about thier product "Table Mate" and thought it would be a great asset to have for my grandchildren when they visited. I went on line and placed my order for two of the "Table Mate" products with the understanding that if I buy one I would get one free for a price of $29.95 for the item and $12.95 shipping and an additional $12.95 shipping for the free item.

Yet, when I completed my transaction I noted a bill for "$167.55! What in the world is this!  My order confirmation states:

Item Description Table Mate s/2 (White); QTY 3 Price $29.95 and S/H $25.90 Total $167.55

Subtotal $167.55; Taxes $0.00: Total $167.55

What is the heck am I being charged for?

I made several attempts to call thier customer support (1-866-596-9225) to find out that they were not open on Saturdays.  So, I replied to the email that was sent to my email address with the same confirmation number and express my dissatisfaction and said "DO NOT SHIP" these items to me as I did not agree to this price.

So I called this morning 12 Aug 2013 and spoke with Melissa in customer support and told her the same thing that I am expressing now. She told me that it was to late the items have shipped. I told her that I am not happy and this is fraud and deception. NO where on my Order confirmation on anywhere in the ordering process do it mention a processing fee! This is not the time to tell me I am being charged a processing fee after I made the purchase and call to find out why the price is so high. It should have been spelled out up front in the ordering process PRIOR to taking my money.  Melissa stated that I have to wait until the items are delivered to me and refuse the shipment in order to get my money back. This is FRAUD and DECEPTION at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Table-Mate/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/Table-Mate-DECEPTIVE-ADVERTISMENT-Wallingford-Connecticut-1074980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Table Mate