Complaint Review: Taco bell

Taco bell
7006 highway 99 Vancouver, Washington United States of America

Taco bell Where's the meat????!!! Vancouver, Washington

*Consumer Comment: Movie

*Consumer Suggestion: Even better, where's the meat FROM???

I always used to like Taco Bell - now I'll never buy there again. One night some time ago I ordered 5 tacos. Looking at the picture of that big meaty taco on the wall menu my mouth was already watering. I was handed a bag with the tacos and paid. The wall picture showed about an inch of meat peeking out of the side of the taco - that's an inch high by about 3/4 inch wide. Yummy!! Then I opened the bag and unwrapped my first big meaty... No... Wait a minute. Where's the MEAT!!!? A thin drool of orange grease with perhaps a 1/8 inch thick drizzle of gristle languished under the lettuce and a few scraps of cheese. I quickly asked the clerk what was wrong, there must have been a mistake. No mistake, she said - you know, the picture always looks bigger, that's just "puffing". Well I don't know what Taco Bell management is puffing, but it must be mighty powerful to induce such a vivid hallucination that there was, even accounting for "puffing", ANY resemblance between the pathetic shadow of a whisper of meat microscopically manipulated into position on my tacos and the juicy generous slug of meat in the picture. I pointed out that I had bought from Taco Bell for years and never seen this before. She shrugged - oh well, we DO measure the meat and this is the company policy and standard blah blah blah. She acted as if My memory of all those other tacos must be wrong, because after all she had worked there for years and they were always made that way. In other words she lied through her teeth. I not terribly politely requested a refund and returned the tacos. As I left I let every customer there know they should look closely at their taco and compare to the picture, swore I'd never return, and left. Forever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2011 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taco-bell/Vancouver-Washington-/Taco-bell-Wheres-the-meat-Vancouver-Washington-717777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taco bell

Movie

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

Ever see "Falling Down"?

I remember in one part of that movie the guy freaks out because his burger didn't look like the one in the picture above the counter.

Nothing against you; it just kind of reminded me of that.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Even better, where's the meat FROM???

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (USA)

I used to know someone who worked for one of these.  They swore the manager had a deal with the local humane society for cheap meat.

You have to wonder.