- Report: #1069677
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Tacoma General Hospital
Tacoma General Hospital315 Martin Luther King Jr Way Tacoma, Washington USA
Tacoma General Hospital Unlawful Imprisonment By ER Staff Tacoma Washington
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
On June 22, 2013, I was the passenger in a motorcycle accident. I was taken by ambulance to Tacoma General Hospital, in Tacoma Washington. Upon arriving at the hospital I was placed in a room, sometime after that a nurse came into the room and started to attempt to put in an IV. Traditionally, administering an IV on me has always been difficult, which I explained to her. After several attempts to my recollection more than five times, I requested that one of my friends, Angela be brought back from the front to sit with me.
The nurse left the room and upon returning told me that there was no one in the front. I felt this could not be true because we were traveling with a group of people from our MC Club who followed the ambulances to the hospital. This is so out of character given MC culture I knew I was being lied to. Later I was to find out that the people and specifically the person I asked for was there, however they were being told I was do not announce.
At that point I told her that I wanted to leave the hospital because they were lying to me, and I was unhappy with the medical service I was being provided. Additional medical staff started to filter into the room and attempt to convince me to stay. I explained to them that I was of sound body and mind and was willing to go AMA. That I that I was aware of the fact that I did need medical attention, and legally they were unable to transport me to another emergency room by Washington law, but that I would go to the Veterans Administration hospital. I explained I was willing to pay for a taxi to do that myself or have one of the people I was sure was in the waiting room do it for me.
Around this time they brought in one of the state Highway Patrol officers who had been at the accident scene. They requested that she placed me under arrest. I told her unless she was able to do that she should remove herself from the room. The police officer explained to them that she had no authority to hold me, and left the room.
By this time I was standing up, and dressing in an attempt to leave the hospital. Approximately 2 to 3 security guards entered the room. Between the security guards and the nursing staff and doctors there must’ve been about 6 to 7 people in the room. They were backing me into a corner, and told me if I submitted to a blow test I was free to leave the hospital. I told them that I was unwilling to submit to any drug and alcohol testing and I did not consent to any further testing or treatment by Tacoma General Hospital, as I was not the driver of the vehicle, and there was no indication of an alcohol issue until I wanted to leave. They continue to verbally intimidate me as well as making me back up further into the corner. I again reiterated that I understood the implications of leaving the hospital AMA, and that I was clear that I needed medical attention, and would find transportation to the Veterans Administration Hospital.
Several people began to physically assault me and placed me into four-point restraints. During the time they were putting me into physical restraints, an RN by the Name of Kevin Lee started violently push his hand into my face. I was of sufficient mental capacity to read his name off of his nametag, and told him he was assaulting me and I intended to expose him for his abusive behavior on social networking sites for it. After they had placed me in four-point restraints, someone came into the room and administered a shot to me. I started screaming for the person that I had asked for initially, and someone came back into the shoes and administered a second shot. The medical record indicates I was given 2 doses of 5mg of Haldol and 2 doses of 2mg lorazepam. The last thing I remember before passing out was the staff standing outside my door pointing at me and laughing.
I have no further recollection of any of medical care provided to me or being released from Tacoma General Hospital on Saturday afternoon. The next time I was aware of myself was Sunday night when I woke up at my boyfriend’s parent’s house. This means that the hospital release me in a state of stupor, clearly at this point not of sound body and mind, to someone (My boyfriends mother) who was not my emergency contact. In fact my emergency contact was never contacted.
Here is a post from their Facebook page to establish a pattern
PATIENT RIGHTS BY LAW ACCORDING TO TACOMA GENERAL HOSPITAL WEBSITE
- You have the right to personal privacy.
- You have the right to receive care in a safe setting.
- You have the right to be informed of patient rights and receive a written copy, in advance of furnishing or discontinuing patient care, whenever possible.
- You have the right to be free from all forms of abuse or harassment.
- You have a right to file a grievance and to be informed of the process to review and resolve the grievance. (See information below on how to file a grievance.)
- You have the right to participate in the development and implementation of your plan of care.
- You or your representative have the right to make informed decisions regarding your care, including being informed of your health status, being involved in care PLANNING on and off in the right over on to thank you for and treatment, and being able to request or refuse treatment. This right must not be construed as a mechanism to demand the provision of treatment or services deemed medically unnecessary or inappropriate.
- If you are an adult, you have the right to formulate advance directives and to have hospital staff and practitioners who provide care in the hospital comply with these directives.
- You have the right to have a family member or representative of your choice and your physician notified promptly of your admission to the hospital.
- You have the right to the confidentiality of your clinical records.
- You have the right to access information contained in your clinical records within a reasonable time.
- You have the right to be free from restraints and seclusion of any form that are not medically necessary or are used as a means of coercion, discipline, convenience, or retaliation by staff.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tacoma-General-Hospital/Tacoma-Washington-98405/Tacoma-General-Hospital-Unlawful-Imprisonment-By-ER-Staff-Tacoma-Washington-1069677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.