Complaint Review: Takagi

• Submitted: Tue, November 26, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, November 26, 2013

• Reported By: Pat — Milwaukee Wisconsin
5 Whatney Irvine, California USA

Takagi Refused to honor the warranty, refused to help fix the water heater and refused to take my calls. Irvine California

I purchased a Takagi tankless water heater that Donovan Jorgenson in Milwaukee, WI installed. After 4 years of operation, it started making rumbling noises whenever it tried to turn on. I called the plumber that Donovan Jorgenson contracted with and he flushed it out with a vinegar and water solution. It still wouldn't work. Then I had the burner cleaned. It still wouldn't work. Then I got only the first name (Robert) of the company representative in Chicago and he promised to come and work on it. After a few phone calls back and forth to set up a time, he began to refuse to take my phone calls. The people in California were useless and refused to help out as well.

Now I have a useless piece of junk hanging on the wall of my basement. It was still under warranty when the problems started. I paid over $3,000 for this tankless water heater. I went back to a conventional water heater because I needed one that worked. Takagi just washed their hands of my water heater problems. I contacted the Better Business Bureau but nothing was accomplished by doing that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2013 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Takagi/Irvine-California-92618/Takagi-Refused-to-honor-the-warranty-refused-to-help-fix-the-water-heater-and-refused-to-1102495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Takagi