Complaint Review: Talbott, Adams, And Moore

• Submitted: Sun, August 31, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 31, 2008

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Talbott, Adams, And Moore
4319 Medical Drive, Suite 131-201 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Talbott, Adams, And Moore harassment, threats, invalid billing, lying about settlements San Antonio Texas

This company began contacting me about a month ago, acting as debt collectors for another company with which I had been fighting a small charge (less than $180) for several years - including several BBB complaints. Apparently they decided to pull out the big guns with these Talbott, Adams, and Moore people, a "premier" collections agency. I attempted to explain my situation to them, but generally got nothing but credit threats. I have legal counsel from several sources, but decided against using them in this case because TAM offered to settle for 80% of the amount. I finally gave up to stop the harassment and agreed to settle for 80% assuming that (a) I would receive signed proof in writing that my "debt" was free and clear, completely, and that (b) I would never hear from the TAM debt collectors or the other company again. I was promised multiple times this was the case and that I would receive signed proof of settlement in writing within 10 days. I never received such proof, and several days ago received yet ANOTHER letter from TAM, written in all caps, threatening my credit AGAIN for the remaining amount (less than $40). This of course after multiple promises on a recorded call saying I was clear and would never hear from them again, and after never receiving promised proof of the same. I have already filed a BBB case against them and have legal counsel ready in case the harassment continues.

San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2008 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Talbott-Adams-And-Moore/San-Antonio-Texas-78229/Talbott-Adams-And-Moore-harassment-threats-invalid-billing-lying-about-settlements-Sa-368548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Talbott, Adams, And Moore