Complaint Review: talent boot camp

• Reported By: Mrs. stone. — Brentwood California USA
talent boot camp
6464 sunset blvd hollywood, California United States of America

talent boot camp Ron Harris a total absolute rip-off. hollywood, California

*Consumer Comment: i think your confused with another school

Our family was totally decieved and completly ripped off when we signed our 11 year old daughter to attend talent boot camp. the owner Ron Harris lied and lied to us about being able to get our child a record deal if we paid him a $1,000 dollars for his classes.. first of all the teachers were always in a rotten mood because they said mr. harris would never pay them and they also never showed up for the classes that my daughter was promised. when we confronted mr. harris he was so very rude and would just walk away. we are warning all to stay away from the ron harris talent boot camp as it is one big and gigantic rip-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 09:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/talent-boot-camp/hollywood-California-90028/talent-boot-camp-Ron-Harris-a-total-absolute-rip-off-hollywood-California-550658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on talent boot camp

i think your confused with another school

AUTHOR: Nicole Dibiasi - (Virgin Islands (US))

First off to believe that you could pay someone a $1000.00 and your 11 year old daughter would get a record deal is hopefully something many families will  not have to go through but if that was the case do you know how many 11 year olds that would have a record deals..... Mine being at the top of that list!!!

We have been attending Talent boot camp since it started back up in Feb/09 at the time my daughter also being 11 and I don't know of any other young artists that attended Ron's school " Talent boot camp" that aren't still there.

When was it that you attended? Ron never had any other teachers teach his classes either other than Kaci Brown and Janelle working on stage presence at Talent bootcamp. And these people that never showed up for classes??? where were u at?? Because my daughter Hailey and I have been to every class from Feb/2006- till now and we always had a teacher teaching the class.

I believe that you are confusing this school with Hollywood Pop Jam in which Ron Harris was hired as a teacher himself by the owner Gregg Himmelstein when he called it School of POP and had absolutley no say in how anything was run let alone the financial side of the business and who got paid!

Hailey has learned so much from Ron and all the amazingly talented artists that attend his classes regularly! I recommend anyone looking to get your child into any classes at any of the many schools offered around LA that you do some research by talking to parents especially that have been involved with their children and not rely on some posers hiding behind a computer trying to slander someone's name with info that is soo not accurate on a site like this "Ripp Off Report"

Talent bootcamp is the furthest thing from a GIGANTIC rip off for $950.00 the artist is given 8 weeks of training with a TOP Producer a showcase at the end with a live professional band that you wouldn't be able to get for even a rehearsal at that rate plus photoshoot and random guests including CEO of Geffen Records- Ron Fair. Again do your research but I know that me and my daughter Hailey believe in Ron Harris and Talent bootcamp.

Photos: