- Report: #515379
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Tampa Pain Clinic
Tampa Pain Clinic3500 E. Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida United States of America
Tampa Pain Clinic Doctor and Staff are Questionable Tampa, Florida
*Consumer Comment: WHINNERS
*Consumer Comment: I am very upset with what I am reading, Dr. V is an excellent Doctor
*Consumer Comment: The Truth from a Current Patient
*Consumer Comment: Blessed to find Dr. VanDercar
*Consumer Comment: The real story of Tampa Pain Clinic
*Consumer Comment: author of report has issues
*Consumer Comment: TAMPA PAIN CLINIC's DR. VANDERCAR IS MY LIFESAVER
*Consumer Comment: tampa pain clinic,truly good people
*General Comment: What other treatment options have you been offered
*Consumer Comment: controlled pain and still not satisfied
*Consumer Comment: Please, DO NOT Rule Out Other Treatments!
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Point-by-point Rebuttal from Clinic
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
It is very hard to find good pain management doctors; especially in Florida where there are a lot of "pill mills" that are more concerned with making money than treating your medical condition. A lot of legitimate doctors will underprescribe medication or refuse to prescribe pain medication for fear of legal prosecution.
This report is for legitimate chronic pain patients who are seeking competent, legal care. Seeing this doctor may put your health in jeapordy and the clinic's actions may eventually get them shut down leaving you suddenly without the medication you need.
When I first started seeing Dr. David Vandercar at the Tampa Pain Clinic, I was very happy with the quality of care I received. They seemed to be compassionate and competent. The clinic appeared to be legitimate. They had very strict rules for patient conduct and required extensive proof of your condition. The doctor spent a good amount of time with me at each visit and seemed to want to help me not just deal with my pain, but find more permanent solutions to treat my condition so that I could eventually stop taking the medications. This made me feel like I was in good hands.
After about a year and a half of seeing the doctor, I noticed the practice start to change. They became very busy and the doctor spent very little time with me during visits. His nurse seemed to run the operation and I often felt like important information I was sharing with her was being over looked and wasn't being shared with the doctor. I later learned that they put my health in jeapordy by ignoring information I shared with her. Luckily, their oversight was caught by one of my other doctors before any permanent damage occured.
Several situations occurred that made me very uncomfortable with this doctor and prompted me to find a new doctor:
- The doctor stopped seeing me every month. I was told to come in one month and the following two months my prescriptions would be mailed to me. They didn't even speak to me on the phone. My credit card was charged and my medications were sent via FedEx. I later learned that this is illegal.
- The doctor would go on long vacations with little warning. If you couldn't make it in to see him before his vacation, you were cut off of your medications until he came back. This can be deadly if you are on a high enough dosage of certain medications. In any case, this is unprofessional and unethical and leaves the patient in a terrible physical condition. The doctor did not have a back up physician to handle his patient load while he was away.
- I was on very high doeses of powerful narcotics for a long time and they never drew blood to test my liver and kidney function; nor did they require I get these tests on a regular basis for my safety. I had to request these tests on my own from my general practitioner. They also never required or requested an updated MRI or other studies. I later learned that Florida law requries updated images every couple of years in order for a doctor to continue to prescribe these particular medications.
- I requested a copy of my medical records and they refused to give them directly to me. This is illegal. They said they only send them directly to other physicians. I had other physicians request them and they were never sent. In all, my records were requested at least 6 times.
I befriended a couple of other patients from the clinic who have shared horror stories with me & I am hearing that more and more patients are leaving the practice. I hope anyone out there that has had bad experiences with this doctor will report them. Chronic pain patients need to work together to get the bad doctors shut down so we can get the quality care we deserve.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2009 12:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tampa-Pain-Clinic/Tampa-Florida-/Tampa-Pain-Clinic-Doctor-and-Staff-are-Questionable-Tampa-Florida-515379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)