Complaint Review: Tampa Singles

• Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: TransportationExec — Tampa Florida
Tampa Singles
3030 N Rocky Point Dr W, Suite #665 Tampa, Florida USA

Tampa Singles tampasingles.com Violation of Consumer's Right To Cancel Tampa Florida

On January 30th, 2013 I entered into an agreement with Tampa Singles for them to provide dating services according to an interview, a questionnaire and certain "level" of service. I gave them a downpayment and the balance would be spread out in monthly payments.

I exercised my right to cancel the agreement, according to their cancellation policy guidelines, within 3 business days, by phone. After calling a second time to follow up on my cancellation, an amazingly rude secretary simply stated that according to the contract I owed them the balance of money. Not only did they provide any services whatsoever, but they were even breaching their own cancellation policy. I reiterated to her, that I followed their cancellation guidelines and that I wanted to have the agreement cancelled. Her answer was that no matter what, I would have to pay (No matter seems to meant that they can violate my consumer rights and further take money from me in return for nothing).

Then in August I received a letter from a collection agency representing Tampa Singles, requesting payment of the supposedly outstanding balance, plus interest. What an outrage! This is the worst case of fraud I've ever been subject to.

I requested from the collections agenct a detailed list of the specifics of what they say I owe, including what services support the debt claimed by them. their response is a copy of one page of the contract, including the Right to Cancel paragraph as mentioned before, clearly stated.

I've read about similar stories in the last couple of months and can't but wonder how these people are still in business. I would like to recover my downpayment and have this collections agency cease and desist harrasing me and participating in this fraudulent action. They are not serious people and I am glad I cancelled right on time as i can only imagine what kind of service these unscrupulous and dishonest fraudsters provide, if any. This is a major Scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tampa-Singles/Tampa-Florida-33607/Tampa-Singles-tampasinglescom-Violation-of-Consumers-Right-To-Cancel-Tampa-Florida-1090233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tampa Singles