- Report: #668488
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Tandem Transport
Tandem Transport1111 US Hwy 20 West Michigan City, Indiana United States of America
Tandem Transport Falsely advertised and mislead presentation of benefits; mislead driver benefits (tarp pay,etc) Michigan City, Indiana
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Tandem is a very unorganized and misleading company. During my driving tenure with them, I had met numerous drivers that were "Highly Dissatisfied" with all that Tandem advertised on there website (drivers).
1) In review of their website, (Top Pay section) it leads a driver to believe that the pay structure includes "benefits included". This is 'far from the truth', they don't let you know until after you've signed the contract paperwork.
2) They 'obligate' you to a $1000 penalty fee if you quit for a period of 6 months. (You're not informed of this until "After" you sign all the paperwork on the first day of orientation, where you are encouraged to sign paperwork prior to starting orientation.
3) The driver 'rarely' receives tarp pay, though the company charges the customer for tarping on every load, and the driver is expected to tarp 'every load'.
4) There are numerous drivers that are dissatisfied with the company, but unfortunately many don't quit until they complete the 6 month requirement to keep from paying the $1000 penalty. (Of course, the penalty fee isn't explained until after you've signed all the paperwork on the first day if orientation.)
Though there are many other reasons, as with many other companies, these are some of the more 'important' issues that affect a drivers lifestyle. Would I recommend Tandem as a company to hire on with? In my review- "Absolutely Not".
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2010 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tandem-Transport/Michigan-City-Indiana-46360/Tandem-Transport-Falsely-advertised-and-mislead-presentation-of-benefits-mislead-driver-668488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.