Complaint Review: Tango Sun

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, September 14, 2008

• Reported By:orangevale California
Tango Sun
1818 Nc Highway 210 E Hampstead, North Carolina U.S.A.

Tango Sun Owner had extremely rude customer service Hampstead North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Outrageous misrepresentation

I had purchased a pop up tent from tango sun and thought I was going to get a good product. When I opened it up I realized it was dirty and broken, not to mention it did'nt even say Tango Sun down the side( as shown in the description). The stitching was coming loose and was already bent a breaking. Needless to say I called the company and e-mailed them immediately. I let them know I was not satisfied and would like a refund or replacement. The owner Jay told me that because of my detailed e-mail bashing his tent, he did not feel he was going to do anything about the matter. I had a long conversation with him and it went nowhere. I was under the assumption that the customer is always right. I have contacted my credit card company and they will give me a charge back on my card. I have sent Tango Sun the tent back.

Casey
orangevale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2008 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tango-Sun/Hampstead-North-Carolina-28443/Tango-Sun-Owner-had-extremely-rude-customer-service-Hampstead-North-Carolina-308088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tango Sun

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Outrageous misrepresentation

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

This is an outrageous misrepresentation and we at Tangosun hope that ripoff report will post our rebuttal.

This consumer was completely untruthful in her statement of events. In fact she was in such a rush, she bought the wrong product first, then she ruined our product, cost our company money and then badmouthed us for her mistakes.

First of all she bought the wrong tent for her needs from our camping web site that had no graphics at all in picture or on product. So her claim about wanting graphics is obviously a far reaching? We put our graphics on our pictures so that other companies don't use our photos and it says so on the site. Also other quality spray tanning companies who resell our tents also put their graphics in the pictures.

Anyway, my partner noticed from her name "Sunblast" that she was going to use it for spray tanning. Being helpful, and knowing that she would have tried to return the toilet tent when she realized she made a mistake, my partner called her. She let her know that she should buy a spray tanning tent and helped her by canceling her order and selling her a proper spray tanning tent.

After a couple of weeks (not immediately as she claimed) she wanted to simply return the tent for no reason and we reminded her of our clearly stated policy that we do not take general returns on tanning tents. Then she started to make up reasons.

This is where it got interesting because we have had cases were a product was defective before and this was clearly not one of those. We are always ready to refund or exchange when this happens.

The tent was not broken when we shipped it. She folded it improperly and damaged it. We have videos on our site showing how to fold it and warnings. It also says, "don't try it before watching the video" Further, we are thanked all the time for our free instructional videos on this that we broadcast on the net.

The tent was not ripped. It has stitched holes at the base seam where the metal popup springs are inserted. She even sent clear photographs that show these points of entry that she claimed as damage. (We have all of her emails, pictures, shipping dates etc. that clearly demonstrate how unreasonable and erratic and untruthful she was.) No one has ever complained about these entry points. You would really have to struggle to find them... unless perhaps, you were looking for any tiny thing you could come up with to complain about. We have sold hundreds of these tents and they all have this exact manufacture characteristic.

As for my being rude, she clearly, simply does not except "no". It says "no general returns" she tried, I said "no" then she lied... again I said "no" then she attacked.

This is the kind of customer that hurts small businesses and drives up cost for all of us with the attitude she is always right. She does not understand that statement and this kind of Wal-Mart mentality hurts everyone. She does chargebacks when she damages a product then the business looses, she gets her money back unfairly and the bad mouths a good company.

On a comical note, we looked her up and found a Sunlast video of her spraying a guy in a black tent that was so short that his head was sticking out of the top as she sprayed himwith no interior light. The tent is so unstable that another girl was required to hold it the whole time she sprayed! I'm not kidding! I can direct anyone who is interested.

Finally, I ask that people check out Tangosun's tents for yourself on our site, we have pictures, videos and clearly stated policy. We are confident that all readers will see a clearly represented, quality product... even better than most.

Thank you for sharing our side.

Respectfully,