Complaint Review: Target Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, December 20, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, December 26, 2007

• Reported By:portland Maine
Target Corporation
3901 W. 53rd Street Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

Target Corporation Just another day in Target paradise Sioux Falls,, South Dakota

*Consumer Suggestion: Checks

*Consumer Comment: Target

*Author of original report: TARGET Stores Financial Credit Card rip-off

Long story very short:
I did get one of those $200.00 limit credit cards. I charged a few items and paid $20.00 or $25.00 monthly. By March 2007 I should have had a 0 balance...that was my 'target'. LOL.

I started my crusade to remove these atrocities. No, my checks were fine, my bankers personally vouched for them, they DID clear my bank and Target's bank...

I finally started to add it all up in my mind: Target must do this randomly to increase their profit revenue! They actually try to make you believe that you did something wrong...The evil corporations are SOOO evil that that by acting benign and 'compassionate' they rob us blind!

Well, they cleared my charges off but the feeling never left me, instead, I decided to leave my abusive relationship with Target. Any healthy-minded person should.

Silly grandma
portland, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2007 11:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target-Corporation/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57106/Target-Corporation-Just-another-day-in-Target-paradise-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-293501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Checks

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

If you have the proof the checks cleared your bank, why don't you get copies of the checks (which I suspect may cost money) and send copies to Target to clear the erranous charges? Phone calls won't help, you have to use some type of paper trail.

If I had to guess, I think what happened was someone in Target's end used someone else's checks to make credits to your account, and those checks were bad.

Again, get a paper trail, it will prove your case.

Mike
Waldorf, MD

Target

AUTHOR: Prissy - (U.S.A.)

I have often had the feeling that Target was not exactly honest with their customers. Now you have proven me correct. Thanks.

TARGET Stores Financial Credit Card rip-off

AUTHOR: Silly grandma - (U.S.A.)

I did get talked into getting one of those $200.00 limit credit cards at a local store by some lady who walked up to me about a year ago...

Instead, I noticed in January 2007 that a lot fees were added to my account, namely: NSF fees, late fee, other fees, over the limit fee a total of $160.00. It was very suspicious ! So what Target Financial decided to do in my case was that it made it look like my checks bounced and the payments were actually charged to my account - plus penalties. I have a business account and my bank never returns my checks, plus I had enough to cover all of the checks...

I started my crusade to remove these atrocities. Yes, my checks were fine, my bankers personally vouched for them, they DID clear my bank and Target's bank... Still, it took 3 long months of hassle calls, letters to/with a Target employee, who kept insisting that my checks were bad, ergo the charges are legit...
I finally started to add it all up in my mind: Target must do this randomly to increase their profit revenue! They actually attempt to make you believe that you did something wrong...
The evil corporations -such as TARGET -are SOOO evil that by acting benign and 'compassionate' they rob consumers blind! A few additional fees here and there on unsuspecting, busy, working two-three-jobs-slaves' accounts can go undetected - but if you multiply it by millions: that's a hefty profit increase!
Well, they finally cleared my charges off but the feeling never left me, instead, I decided to leave my abusive relationship with Target. Any healthy-minded person should.