Complaint Review: Target

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: Georgia — Rincon Georgia
Target
1050 Fording Island Rd Bluffton, South Carolina USA

Target My three-year-old daughter and I went to Target today looking for a Kindle Fire which we were helped promptly in the electronics department and told they no longer carry this product in stores. Similar to other Target trips we went up and down the aisles looking for treasures, one of which was a pair of clearance tights as well as $145.00 in various merchandise. After checking out, I reviewed my receipt and noticed that these tights rang up full price for $3.99 rather than the sticker price of $2.78. I then went to customer service to get a price adjustment for this error.  Bluffton South Carolina

My three-year-old daughter and I went to Target today looking for a Kindle Fire which we were helped promptly in the electronics department and told they no longer carry this product in stores.  Similar to other Target trips we went up and down the aisles looking for treasures, one of which was a pair of clearance tights as well as $145.00 in various merchandise.

After checking out, I reviewed my receipt and noticed that these tights rang up full price for $3.99 rather than the sticker price of $2.78.  I then went to customer service to get a price adjustment for this error.  Apparently, at this Target the employees don't make clearance ticketing errors and it seemed that this was my problem.  The customer service associate let me know that this clearance ticket on the tights wasn't for that item even though it was on the tights.  I asked to speak with a manager to resolve this as the first associate wasn't offering to give me a price adjustment.  The sales manager, that I didn't get a name of told me that she'd have to go look in the sock department to confirm indeed that these tights were on clearance.

I had told her that there was an entire arm of these exact tights all priced with this tag.  She returned quite leisurely letting me know that there were no other tights tagged with the clearance tags and that the ladies in that department had never marked down these tights.  Of course I was a bit flabbergasted as this comment was quite an offensive statement as it seemed clear to me she was implying that I had swapped out stickers on a pair of tights!   So, I told her that I was offended and again I seemed to be at square one.

I told her I'd like to speak with someone above her to resolve this issue, which she rolled her eyes at and walked away from me.  I then told my story to Brandy...  Brandy continued to support the previous manager and associate stating that they do have to make sure the item matches the clearance tag and she didn't know what had actually happened.  I was beyond fed up over $1.20!  At no point did these associates or managers want to resolve this matter.  I feel my next decision was probably the smartest one yet as I told Brandy that she could then just return the 26 items I'd purchased for $149.76.  Well, Brandy definitley returned my items, however she didn't scan every item so the totals never equalled.  To that, I think she just wanted me out of her store so she scanned one item twice and I actually left the store with $5.59 more than I came in with.

Just think if they would have just credited me the $1.20.  That would have saved them a customer and $5.59!  All could have been resolved with a few words,"I'm Sorry", as well as "let me credit that to your account M'am"!  By the way I did go back and check the sock department, funny thing to, because that entire arm of socks was missing altogether.  Not sure why they all went missing unless they too were mismarked clearance $2.78 in error! Bluffton South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target/Bluffton-South-Carolina-29910/Target-My-three-year-old-daughter-and-I-went-to-Target-today-looking-for-a-Kindle-Fire-wh-1084898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target