Complaint Review: TATE MUSIC GROUP

• Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: Big Al — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
TATE MUSIC GROUP
127 EAST TRADE CENTER TERRACE Mustang, Ok, Oklahoma United States of America

TATE MUSIC GROUP I signed with TMG they took $1985.00 dollars and did not give me any bookings or promotions and when I contacted them and filed a complaint withe BBB they took me off their record data base. This comp Mustang, Ok, Oklahoma

*Consumer Suggestion: Attorney General Investigation of Tate Music Group

*Consumer Comment: TMG is a total rip off !!

*General Comment: Tate Music Group Is A Rip Off!

*Author of original report: mistaken report

The date SEPTEMBER 27,2011 TATE MUSIC GROUP is a scam I signed a contract with  them on November 5, 2010 to this day they have not done anything to fulfill the  contract. I received no bookings/promotional services or radio play. I signed as  a R&B artist they tried to book me in christian stores that would turn down  hearing my Album which is understandable them being christian book stores. They  were nice to me at first but after I paid $1985.00 and the Album was finished  everything changed. I found it hard to get calls from them and emails lacked off  concerning my Album and promotion. I contacted different people at TMG but  nothing ever really got done. I filed a BBB complaint and they have not  fulfilled answering that complaiSince I typed this information warning the public about TMG yesterday September  28, 2011 they have removed my Album from their data base. This company like most  who do not treat the public right always trys to cover up or sweep everthing  under the rug. This is the prove that I was under contract with them. TMG  told me they ran on televison ads but they were unable to tell me when or what station when I asked. They told me they spent $35,000 or more towards my promotion it  never happened. A message to all the artist who have signed after me you may get  some bookings but I am telling you this happened to me it could happen to you  especially R&B artist. Another question before you artist sign, a mistake I  made first found out really how many artist or bands really makes it to  billboard dealing with TMG. They are making money off of the public I feel, here  is an example I loss $1985.00 multiply that times 200 Artist it equals $397,000.  This is the part you should know how many artist are on billboard and how much  money you made since jointing them. If you do not take my word you do the  mathematics I know what they have done to me. I trusted them and I paid for it  $1985.00 don't let it be you!!!!!!!! This is only one year think about next year  who they would do like me or you. I know the music industry has changed but I  thought TMG had some type of principles not to treat their artist in this  manner. I was so wrong!It is impossible I believe for just 50 people which I  checked last when I was with them to promote honestly all the Artist that they  sign.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2011 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TATE-MUSIC-GROUP/Mustang-Ok-Oklahoma-73064/TATE-MUSIC-GROUP-I-signed-with-TMG-they-took-198500-dollars-and-did-not-give-me-any-boo-782990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TATE MUSIC GROUP

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Attorney General Investigation of Tate Music Group

AUTHOR: Oz - ()

A complaint has been filed against Tate Music Group with the Office of Attorney General in the state of Oklahoma. The case number is CC-13-0309. Please call their office at (405) 521-3921 to join the complaint, and let the Attorney there know you have also been ripped off by Tate Music Group.

TMG is a total rip off !!

AUTHOR: Oz - (United States of America)

TMG is a total rip off. Stay far away. Our A&R agent left and nobody called to tell us. We signed up for mix & mastering, delivered the masters and their head producer Don Johnson said he "didn't know how to mix our music". We're cotacting attorneys general in KS & OK. We're contacting attorneys in OK to start a class action against TMG. They are a fraud !

#3 General Comment

Tate Music Group Is A Rip Off!

AUTHOR: Unspoken Rage - (United States of America)

My band Unspoken Rage has been with Tate Music Group for at least 2 years..  We where promised media blast at places we played.  We went to our drummer and singers home town. We told Tate about the place, date, and time.  Tate said they would do the media blast.  We knew everyone in this small town.  Only one radio station and One news paper.  Our bands A & R rep. said the blast was sent out.  Our band did some research and found out neither news paper nor radio station was contacted. 1) Bands Do your research

While with Tate our band has been handed over to Marketing director or A & R person after person.  We sent all the required forms, photos, places to play.  We never heard back from them. 2) If you sign, You will get lost in the shuffle of there changing business.  Our belief is that the A & R people saw what was happening to bands and quit the company. (That is our perception)

Our band was told if you buy time slots on T.V. Tate would run our add.  So, our band gave more money and they built a commercial for us.  We asked them when these commercials would run.  We never got a reply! 3) Please listen to these warning signs!

If you believe that God has called you to change the world.  Know that HE has also called you to be good stewards of your money!  Tate Music Group is not a place to spend your money to reach people.  That is our perception as a band!

mistaken report

AUTHOR: Big Al - (United States of America)

I posted a report about tate music group that was in error. I spoke to them today and found out that I had misunderstood my contract circumstances. Tate music group handle the situation in a professional way. I feel that they are a good record label.  I had rushed to judgement which was wrong on my part!