Complaint Review: Tax Help MD Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, January 16, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, January 16, 2014

• Reported By: California
Tax Help MD Inc.
1150 S. US Hwy 1| Suite #201 Jupiter,, Florida USA

Tax Help MD Inc. they make you all kinds of promises and never come through tell you they can help you but they cant Jupiter, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The Truth in the Middle

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: In Response to the Supposed Ex-Employee

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Ex "Employee"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We Tried To Help But He Wouldn't Listen

So i would like to start  out  posting the letter that MR Dean M Drouin sent  to  after  having to send over 5 emails  to gt anyone to respond me

I apologize for the delay in responding to you.  I wanted to personally review the case notes on your file to see if you had a valid complaint I could resolve for you.  I have to admit I’m terribly confused by your accusations as I look over the many months we’ve spent working toward a legitimate resolution for you.  I see that we originally contacted you in July of 2012.  At that time we explained how important it is to be proactive stating immediate representation was advisable.  For some reason though it wasn’t until 7 months later that you finally paid the initial fee of $300 for the tax investigation.    Our tax investigations are normally $400 but since it was obvious something had to be preventing you from making the right decision to move forward we discounted the fee.  We did this hoping it would show we truly want to help and we already know how important it is to get started sooner rather than later.  This was the first courtesy we extended to you.  Next was the fact that we started representing you and filed tax returns before ever receiving payment for these services.  We also offered a payment plan for our fees so that you could get the help you needed now rather than waiting until you’ve saved up the money because again we know how important it is NOT to procrastinate.   Procrastination is probably the number one cause for additional penalties and interest.  It also reduces the avenues of resolution that would have normally been available to you.
So let’s back up here….First it took you 7 months during which time you already angered the IRS by ignoring them and making promises you did not follow through with.  So by the time you paid us the measly $300 we were dealing with a hornets nest you created by your actions or lack of action.  Then as I stated earlier we trusted you to make good on your fees and started work on your case with only your promise to pay.   NO TAX RESOLUTION DOES THIS FOR ANYONE.  Yet we did for you.  Then to top it all of YOU refused to follow the advice given to you by seasoned tax professionals because you felt your way was better.   After reading this in your file I knew right away you had no intention of paying taxes you truly owed and were looking for any way out of it even if it was illegal or unethical.   Your insistence to file returns in a manner that is not allowed by IRS would bring us into your plan to defraud the government. I’m sorry, even though we’ve been kind enough to extend several courtesies of consideration, defrauding the IRS will not be something we’d ever agree to be a part of.   This is the reason why we would not put our name on the returns you had us prepare for you.  If you’re going to play those games with the IRS you can sign your name on the line not mine.
I look at this from a common sense factor.  When I go to the mechanic to have my car fixed.  I listen to what he tells me is wrong and what needs to be done in order to fix it.   I don’t’ try and tell him to put duct tape on a broken hose when he’s telling me it needs to be replaced.   I trust that he’s replaced many hoses in his day and knows a lot more about than I do.   Again this is why I’d pay another professional for their service.  It is their area of expertise in which I am only a novice.  You my friend paid for our services, well eventually you paid for our services and then chose NOT to follow the sound advice given to you.  Your tax problems are only going to get worse if you continue to play those dangerous games with the IRS.  I’m getting the impression you finally hired professional representation because you didn’t want to pay any taxes at all.  Not even the taxes you truly owe.  You already exhausted every short cut or loop hole you knew and hoped to have better success in accomplishing your goal by using our credibility to do so.  If that’s your idea of tax representation then you hired the wrong company.  You may want to join some type of tax protestors group or something.  I feel the need to warn you however, there are a great number of people in prison right now who at one time had those same goals in mind.  I’ve been helping taxpayers for more than 18 years now and I know when someone is headed down a road for disaster.  I sincerely hope you re-evaluate your situation and take the information we’ve given you under serious consideration.   I guarantee we know the right way to achieve the best possible resolution available to you and your specific tax situation.
I will not provide you with any refund whatsoever as I have seen clearly documented time and effort put into your case that go over and above the amount you paid.   I am the type of person who is happy to give refunds to clients who truly deserve them and have done so on many occasions.  However due to your constant abuse of the professionals trying to help you and your unwarranted accusations this is not one of those times.  I want to make one thing very clear.  You have threatened to write negative reviews on social networks which I will clearly be able to demonstrate are fraudulent just like the returns you wanted us to prepare for you.  I have every minute documented on your case so if you make false statements I promise there will be legal ramifications along the lines of slander with malicious intent to extort funds.  I will not be bullied by your threats or false accusations just because you threaten to harm our reputation.   The many clients we’ve helped across the nation already spread the word about the quality of service we provide.  If you decide to follow through with your threats make sure to post this letter along with your fraudulent negative review because I will be as I dispute every false statement you so wrongly post.
If I were you I’d strongly reconsider the actions you’re threating to take.  Especially since you truly know you’re in the wrong and just upset we wouldn’t go along with your little game.  We are an ethical company with high morals and standards.  I am truly sorry we cannot accommodate your requests to participate in illegal activities.  You may want to consider getting a second opinion by another tax professional.  Run your game plan by them and see if their view is any different from mine.
Please feel free to contact me with any further requests or suggestions you may have.  I will be happy to help in any legal way I can.
My direct line is (561) 899-415 )
Very Respectfully,
Dean M Drouin
Tax Help MD Inc.
Now  please keep in mind  this  email came to me after writing the pople in his company  over 5 differnt emails letting them know that they were fried due to pour performance  this is  not to metion the numburs amounts of times i asked his staff to contact me so we could go over my acount . As you can see MR Mr Drouin  like to use big words to try to intemadate poeple not to menction that he run his business out of florda so if you dont live in that state there is no way to sue for the money  that steals from his customers  NOw was i trying to defaurd the gorvement as he states  no  i juat want to make sure that i was getting the very best deal that i could like any of us would .  the funny thing  about all of this  that took months and months to get figured out  with MR Drouin company  and 2500 lateer  only took me  2 days  to take care of  with a reliable tax firm plues another 1000 dollars  that i was happy to pay . so the leason in all of this if you are smart person do not do business with this man or his compnay . they are in my oppion a bunch for rip offs and take your money and run again this is just my oppion .  but if you ever get  a chance and goggle  Mr Dean M Droun name  then you  can see how he spends our hard earned money  i am out  the 400 up front  monrhy and the 2000 i sent him i never paid him the last $500  because i was on to the scame  again  this is just my point of view . run if you see this company coming your  run as fast as you can
thank you for taking the time to read this  keep you eyes open for this comapny TAX HELP MD and run

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 11:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Help-MD-Inc/Jupiter-Florida-33477/Tax-Help-MD-Inc-they-make-you-all-kinds-of-promises-and-never-come-through-tell-you-they-1116214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Help MD Inc.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The Truth in the Middle

It's been my experience that these internet pissing matches usually end up with the truth being somewhere in between, so I'll try to serve as the in between because I did work at Tax Help MD and I don't really have a dog in the fight. But tax issues are extraordinarily serious and people should know the real deal about any company that will hold themselves out as Tax Experts. For full disclosure I worked at Tax Help MD for 2.5 weeks and I was let go by an employee who told me " That it was not my fault, I was great, the owners wife was not going to buy leads and it was not fair to me."

If someone comes on and says I was a sub standard employee I would A. Disagree or B. Take exception to being lied to when I was let go. The data I was calling 2-3 years old and from a group called the United Tax Group. Apparently the current owner of Tax Help MD was affiliated in some way with United Tax Group and United Tax Group is no longer in business. I had no working knowledge of the back end of the operation and have no comment. My interactions were with the husband and wife owners, husband and wife sales team and the sales manager that was mentioned. This group was in fact very close and seemed to have their personal lives interwined quite a bit. It did not concern me and I was their to only try and make money.

As a former military person and someone who has worked for 2 Fortune 500 Companies. Dress code, Punctuality and Communication are non negotiables for me. I thought this business was lacking in all 3 areas. The office was not dirty or a frat house but it lacked the discipline that I seek. This is only my opinion. My biggest hearburn came from the fact that the owner Dean Drouin was arrested for telemarketing fraud in Californina. See link

Let me start by saying I am not perfect and do not judge anyone and if your debt to society has been paid everyone deserves the opportunity to start fresh. But I feel that I deserved the opportunity to know that my boss in a telemarketing operation was previously arrested for telemarketing fraud. Had I know that in "Advance" I would of never worked at Tax Help MD and would never recommend that any of my friends or family use the service. I was paid for my brief time there and have no complaints about a hostile workplace.

Truthfully I do not know if the company gets the job done on the back end, but because I felt I was sold a bill of goods from a sales perspective that never panned out and the ownership and his team did not fully disclose past issues I would not personally recommend Tax Help MD. Hope that helps someone seeking information to make a decision.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

In Response to the Supposed Ex-Employee

AUTHOR: The Tax Doctor - (USA)

In Response to the supposed "Ex-Employee"

If you were only employed at my company for a few weeks there's a reason why.  You obviously didn’t do your job which resulted in your termination.  I can only assume you didn't put your name on this report because you are disgruntled about your termination. You decided to lash out, rather than accepting responsibility for your own actions or lack thereof.  I don't claim to be the biggest tax firm in the country but by no means is my office in the back of a mortgage company.  My business name is clearly written on the front door of our office. We are registered with the city of Palm Beach Gardens and the state of Florida.  I will include a picture of our clearly illustrated business location along with this rebuttal for those that wish to see it with their own two eyes.  I find it very sad that someone who is not willing to work hard enough to keep their job would actually waste time on the internet slandering the company who gave them a chance to feed their family.  It never ceases to amaze me how some people feel the need to hurt or blame others for their situation such as this person is, rather than spending that valuable time to find themselves new employment.  As for your comment about being "bizarrely intertwined in each other’s personal lives"??  I like to think of the people who work for me as family.  For it is only as a team that a company can flourish effectively and efficiently.  I've never seen any slobs as you put it.  As a matter of fact I make it a point to keep our office very tidy.  As for your comment that the company is basically run by 5 people?  That's pretty absurd considering as of today we service more than 1000 clients/cases which are handled by a department in my company you were not authorized to enter as a new company trainee.  This company has front and back end departments.  My back end office employs tax professionals which include Tax Attorneys, CPA's, Enrolled Agents, Case Managers, Case Workers and Tax Preparers.  My Front end employs more professionals including Tax Consultants, Tax Analysts, Acquisitions Specialists, Assistants and a Secretary.  If you were indeed an entry level trainee at my company?  You were never given any information on any cases we currently work on or how we work on them.  So keep your slanderous unfounded statements to yourself and perhaps you should spend your time more wisely,   trying to get employment that maybe you can keep this time. I hear McDonalds is hiring.  Good luck to you, whoever you are.

For those of you struggling with back tax problems…  Please feel free to call me directly.  My name is Dean Michael also known NATIONWIDE as "The Tax Doctor".  I've been helping individuals and businesses solve tax problems for more than 20 years now. I can help you too.  We have an "A" Rating with the Better Business Bureau + many client testimonials and Positive Google Reviews.   Feel free to click on the link below to see what our clients are saying about us on the BBB Website.

Click on the link below for Client Reviews on Google

As mentioned earlier in my rebuttal you can click on the link below to see our company name clearly illustrated on our front door.

My direct line is (561) 899-4151 Call me for a FREE CONSULTATION

#3 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Ex "Employee"

AUTHOR: Ex Employee - (USA)

Worked at this "firm" for a few weeks and aside from being paid $10 per hour this is the biggest dysfunctional joke of a business I've ever see. For starters they don't even have there own office space because this loony tune operation is located in the back of some mortgage office I'm PBG, FL. The firm basically operates with 5 people, the owner his wife, another husband and wife sales team and some burned out busted out "sales manager". It's like a Gilligan's Island of genetic mutants. These people are some of the weirdest, goofy and unprofessional fruit loops I've ever encountered. Not to mention they are all bizarrely intertwined in each other personal lives. Sharing vehicles, babysitting , school bus service and various other disturbing incestuous activities that has no business in a work place.. My experience with Tax Help MD showed them to be unprofessional, dysfunctional, weird and bold face liars. I would encourage anyone dealing with serious IRS Debt to either work it out with IRS direct or hire people that dress, walk, talk and carry themselves as professionals. Don't hire a bunch slobs working out of someone else's office in a place that makes a frat house look professional. Save your $$$$$$

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We Tried To Help But He Wouldn't Listen

AUTHOR: The Tax Doctor - ()

I am amazed by your continued misrepresentation of the facts.  When in truth your only writing this because I wouldn’t go along with your little plan and your threats to slander my name didn’t get you a refund.  I’m going to let you in on a secret Jerry…..blackmail only works if the person you’re blackmailing has something to hide.  I don’t have anything to hide.  As a matter of fact since you’ve personally directed your review toward me with badgering insults, don’t you think you should at least sign your name to it Mr. Jerry Haworth? I mean after all you mention me by name so I believe it’s only fair right?

To anyone who has taken the time to read this misappropriated complaint and rebuttals you’ll clearly see why I did not refund Jerry Haworth’s money.  He states that we didn’t do the work he paid us for yet I have all the tax returns we prepared for him and every minute spent on his case documented. We provided a solution for him and gave advice that he chose not to take. As a matter of fact we sincerely urged him to follow our direction toward resolution but every step forward would end up being two steps back because he thought he could do it better.  That’s always confused me.  If he can do it better why would he hire tax representation in the first place?  There have been times in my life when I could have said “I told you so” but I’ve never been one to do that.  Since you’ve tried to publicly harm my credibility Jerry with your unfounded rants, I’ll make an exception.

In my last rebuttal I explained how Jerry wanted us to prepare tax returns in a manner that can only be described as unethical.  We tried to show him how filing in this way will surely cause him problems in the future because there are big red flags for audit.  He refused to listen and went his own direction which I’m sure now he’s probably regretting.

Jerry stated earlier that he'd found another company that did what he requested and for less money than what we charged.  Well Jerry you forgot to revoke our power of attorney form when you hired your new company.   It was a little box you were supposed to check on the new companies power of attorney form.  I guess they forgot to check that box so IRS is still sending us copies of your collection notices. It seems you decided NOT to follow our advice and now your tax return has been selected for examination.  We have received a letter from IRS notifying you that your tax return is CURRENTLY UNDER EXAMINATION.

I’m not going to go on and on talking about how many times we tried to explain to Jerry how things should be handled.  He refused to listen.

Saying “I told you so” seems so meaningless now.  I wish you good luck Jerry

To people reading this….Don’t be like Jerry.  If you want real solutions to your tax problems, I can help. Just as I tried to help Jerry.