Complaint Review: Tax Software Store

• Reported By: Sean —
Tax Software Store
8412 Nairn Dr. Austin, Texas USA

Tax Software Store individual resale, software license, Amazon Austin Texas

We purchased a Microsoft Office 2010 key card through Amazon.com from Tax Software Store. We were not sent a card. All we received was an email with the key and a promise that we could contact Microsoft and verify that the key was legitimate. We believed this.

The computer we loaded this software on crashed several months later and we had to reinstall everything. When we got to Microsoft Office we could not activate it. The error we received indicated that our key was not genuine. We called Tax Software Store and they told us to email them the key and they would verify it with Microsoft.

I decided it would be better if we called Microsoft ourselves. I did and was told that this was a Volume License Key that had been "leaked", so they disabled it. I did not order a volume key, so I should have not been sent one. Furthermore, it is a violation of the software license to resell these particular keys.

I called Tax Software Store back and got the voice mail. I left a message and no one called me back in what I thought was a reasonable number of days, so I called Amazon. They promised to help me until they found out it had been longer than 90 days since the purchase was made.

We have emailed Tax Software Store the key twice. Their web site says they are available by phone until 10 pm Central time, but they never answer after 7 pm. The few times I have talked to them since I have been told to email them the key again.

Bottom line -- We were sold illegal software. This company should face some sort of consequences for doing this to unsuspecting customers like ourselves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2014 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tax-Software-Store/Austin-Texas-78749/Tax-Software-Store-individual-resale-software-license-Amazon-Austin-Texas-1145484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Software Store