Complaint Review: Taxamize

• Reported By: Darren — Florissant Missouri
Taxamize
200 Peachtree St Atlanta, Georgia USA

Taxamize Franchiese Owner Atlanta Georgia

Taxamize offers an opportunity to own a tax preparation service franchise for a $10K fee.  They promise training for franchise owners and employees. They offer quick and accessible technical support for the computer software.

Instead, the company never provided any training for my franchisee and none of my issues were ever resolved in a timely manner.  Questions about customers' tax returns often took days and resulted in lost business.

Taxamize was not transparent with the fees charged to the franchise or the customers.  Initially, I was told about a $40 processing fee and a $20 fee to rent an EFIN number.

When I filed my first tax return, I learned that the bank fees were $135, while most of my competitors charged $25-$35. After complaining of an unfair advantage, they reduced the fees to $105.

In addition, there was a $40 fee charged to the customer that was not explained in the initial customer, but on the refund check, the $40 goes to Adrienne Byrd, a Taxamize employee.

My payroll was only on time once out of six and accurate four out of six payrolls.  Payroll was supposed to happen every two weeks and I still have not received the balance of my last payroll.

It is very difficult getting issues addressed because Taxamize officials avoid phone calls.  Adrienne Byrd, Andre Amos (Crooks) CEO and Toi Eshun, my franchise coordinator. I spent more time trying to reach those three than anything else associated with this company.

If you want to run a successful company, do NOT invest in Taxamize.  This is a poorly run organization and I still do not have all the money owed to me. It is a nightmare.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 06:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taxamize/Atlanta-Georgia-30303/Taxamize-Franchiese-Owner-Atlanta-Georgia-1057828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taxamize