Complaint Review: Taxdefendant.com

• Updated: Wed, September 23, 2009

• Reported By: Chris Hanna — Beverly Hills California USA
Taxdefendant.com
3014 Hoyt Avenue Everett, Washington United States of America

Taxdefendant.com Avantri Law Fraud, tax relief, tax attorney lie, complaint, class action, tax lawyer, tax law, IRS, collections, protection, scam. Everett, Washington

I was contacted by Mr. Hoffer, the socalled "attorney" at Avantri tax relief. I owe back taxes to the IRS and was currently having it handled by another company. Mr Hoffer began to not only bad mouth the company that was currently handling it for me, he bad mouthed the whole industry! He said that he was the only one that told the truth and that no matter what these other attorneys say, they would end up with just an installment agreement rather than the pennies on the dollar settlement they promised.

I beleived this smooth talker and gave him about 1/2 of what I paid the other company to handle my case. He told me that I wouldnt have to pay as much because he was going to remove the penalties instead of what the other company was claiming to attempt, which was an Offer To Compromise.

Two months later, he calls me to let me know that I CANNOT get my penalties removed but that I actually DID qualify for the OIC and that he will need the $5,000 he charges immediately to prepare one for me!!!!!!!!!

I felt my heart drop, I called the original company that was handling this for me to find that they had actually already completed the case and that all I had to do was pay 30% of the $980 settlement and that the rest could be paid with payments! WOW! I got sooooo lucky, since then, I've contacted another local attorney to retrieve my $ that was scammed out of me by this LIAR, Mr. [continued below]....

..... Hoffer!

BEWARE OF HIS SLITHERY SMOOTH TACTICS TO GET YOU IN HIS CLUTCHES WITH A SMALLER UPFRONT FEE, ONLY TO CHARGE YOU TWICE AS MUCH AS HIS COMPETITION DOES DOWN THE LINE!

I WENT TO THE BBB BUT HE KEEPS CHANGING HIS ACCOUNT WITH THEM SO HE WILL ALWAYS HAVE AN A+ RATING!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taxdefendantcom/Everett-Washington-98201/Taxdefendantcom-Avantri-Law-Fraud-tax-relief-tax-attorney-lie-complaint-class-action-499253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taxdefendant.com