Complaint Review: Taylor Made Marketing

• Reported By: Kim — Lincroft New Jersey United States of America
Taylor Made Marketing
390 Amwell Road Hillsborough, New Jersey United States of America

Taylor Made Marketing Entry Level Job Scam Hillsborough, New Jersey

I should have known by the website that Taylor Made Marketing wasn't on the up-and-up, but I went for the interview anyway. I had applied for an "account consultant" position, and made the drive up to Hillsborough hopeful they weren't another Vector Marketing or similar, but also realistic.

At the interview, when I asked what my specific duties would be, I got a bunch of buzzwords in response: leadership, growth potential, team environment, blah blah blah. That raised a red flag for me, so when I was invited for a second interview, I considered declining. I should have.

I was told the second interview would be lunch with an executive. Exact words: "lunch with an executive." Hillsborough was close to an hour from me, but an executive wouldn't take the time to interview me if this was for some door-to-door position, right? Right.

Apparently, at Taylor Made, "lunch with an executive" means Subway with some dude in the position that you're applying for. And make sure you bring your wallet, cause they ain't paying for your sandwich.

And yes, for all their "marketing", "leadership", and "team environment" posturing, it is a door-to-door 100% commission sales job or 25% commission plus what I assumed was minimum wage or next to it, because I couldn't get a straight answer. I'm not an overeager recent grad who thinks they can set the world on fire and make a million dollars selling. I asked specific questions about duties, compensation, benefits, promotion opportunities, and I got vague answers with a lot of "eventually's" and "potentially's" all-around.

Job-Seekers, do yourself a favor, and skip this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taylor-Made-Marketing/Hillsborough-New-Jersey-08844/Taylor-Made-Marketing-Entry-Level-Job-Scam-Hillsborough-New-Jersey-996232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taylor Made Marketing