• Report: #1072021

• Updated: Thu, August 01, 2013

• Reported By: KMack — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Taylor's Auto & Truck repair
7655 Queen Street Glenside, Pennsylvania USA

Taylor's Auto & Truck repair Jordan Lovitz Insurance Claim for Auto Body Damage - Work Not Completed to Ins. Specifications, Used After Market Parts Glenside Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You can't please ALL the people ALL the time

According to the Progressive Estimate & the Progressive Insurance Adjuster’s inspection of my vehicle upon completion, the following items were not completed to specification or completed correctly: 1.the Quarter Panel was NOT replaced - it was filled with plastic - the estimate clearly states this as to be replaced. 2. within the same Quarter Panel there are air bubbles in the paint. 3. the color of the new paint contains a silver fleck, but the actual color of the paint has a gold fleck. 4. the Quarter Panel glass does not sit flush to the body of the vehicle and does not line up with the back of the vehicle. Water leaks into the car from the window. 5. left Quarter molding not flush. 6. left Quarter interior trim is loose & broken. 7. the Alloy Wheel was NOT replaced. 8. the 3rd Seat does not go up or down, plastic beside the seat is damaged. 9. the Lift Gate was NOT replaced - the lift gate will not close and causes the battery to go dead 10. the Lift Gate is not lined up to the frame of the car and you can fit a hand between the lift gate and the taillight. 11. the Lift Gate overlaps the taillight on the right side - the estimate clearly states that this was to be replaced. 12. Clips missing on bumper by wheel well 13. the Lift Gate Glass is damaged under the handle on the window. 14. the vehicle does not drive correctly - this can be felt and heard while driving - the front-end alignment was not done. To confirm Progressive’s findings further, I had my vehicle independently inspected by a licensed auto inspector and a licensed auto damage appraiser to get their professional opinions. Both are in agreement with the Progressive Insurance Adjuster; that the work itemized above was not completed to the specifications outlined in the Progressive Insurance estimate/work order. To add insult to injury, Progressive Insurance provided me with a copy of a cancelled check that was made out in my name, (and Taylor Auto Body), which was to be endorsed with my signature. I can verify that the signature on this cancelled check is forged with my name.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2013 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Taylors-Auto-Truck-repair/Glenside-Pennsylvania-19038/Taylors-Auto-Truck-repair-Jordan-Lovitz-Insurance-Claim-for-Auto-Body-Damage-Work-No-1072021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Taylor's Auto & Truck repair

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You can't please ALL the people ALL the time

AUTHOR: Mr Taylor - ()

All I have is a very short explanation. This customer has not written the whole story. She has only tried to slander my business. We repaired her car as we agreed. We did stray from the estimate that the insurance company wrote. Which is not illegal what so ever. We did not have a contract with the insurance company. There for we are not obligated to do every thing listed in the estimate. What this customer has not told you was that her brother I. Law sent her to us for the repairs. And in doing so,  he extorted money from us based on the total of the estimate that was written. These people call this a wreck chasing fee. This woman knew that we had to pay her brother in law for bringing us the job. Intern , she knew that we were not going to be able to replace ALL the parts that were described in the estimate. This was told to her as soon as the estimate was written. And she agreed to the repairs. Also, when looking over the car, we noticed that the other side of the rear of the car was previously repaired and the work that was done was extremely poor craftsmanship. We pointed this out to her and she Agreed that it was awfull. She explained that her brother in law who sent her to us, previously sent her to another shop before and they did tHis terrible work. We assured her that we wold do a much better job then the last repair. While doing the work, we noticed that the back up sensors were not working properly. She INSISTED that they were working prior to this current accident. So we removed the rear bumper to determine the cause of failure. It was then that we saw that on the right side(the opposite of this current collision ) there was severe damage and the wiring to the back up sensors was burnt and broken. OBVIOUSLY not from this accident. She  still insisted that they were working and called the insurancecompany and insisted that they come out and look at it. They did come out. And while looking at the obvious "prior" damage, the adjuster said to me "is this woman crazy"? We agreed. She was trying to commit fraud. They refused to pay for the extra work.

We let her know this and made arrangements to do this repair for her. And agreed that we would then have to use some of the other money for some of the other repairs to cover the cost. My only fault is that I did not have her sign anything stating this. Which I did not believe I needed to do due to the fact that she was a friend of mines sister in law. Well I guess you learn something new every day. And to be very clear on the repairs. They were done very well. Absolutely exceptable. However, to please my customer, I offered to do whatever repairs she asked for. All she needed to do was to bring the car back if. She was unhappy. Knowing this, she "never had time" she was just always busy. So at that point , there was nothing more we could do to help her.

If you have a problem with a repair that has been done on your car, you must give the pair shop an opertunity to correct the issue. If you do not , then it is on you.to put it as simple as possible. You can't go to a bank with a check for 5,000 and cash it and en expect them to give you back 6,000 . That would be rediculous.

This customer is slandering my good name. I have been in business for 22 years, and finally I have an unhappy customer.

One unhappy customer in 22 years! I like those odds.

Oh, and to answer her directly.  5 of her complaints were not even part of the job. How do you complain about something broken or not working on you car that was not part of the accident or wasn't even on the estimate???

If you want to see real reports about my company, just look on Angie's list . I have great reviews. It's just amazing how 1 crazy customer can try so hard to ruin your reputation. Telling lies and misleading normal good people.  We work on approximately 250 cars a year. So in the last 5 years , that's 1250 cars. 1 out of 1250 customers. Oh well.