- Report: #870100
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: TCF Bank
TCF Bank **DON'T EVER BANK AT TCF BANK!!** aurora, Colorado
*Consumer Comment: *****NATIONWIDE ALERT: Make sure to stay at this site and type in- BANK, and...
*Consumer Comment: Signature Guaranty
*General Comment: Glad you choose
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This is the absolute worst bank I have ever had in my life. I liked the idea that TCF was open when other banks were not, due to my work schedule. I soon found out that was the only good thing about them. Here are some of my issues:
1. I closed one of my checking accounts due to fradulant activity and opened a new one. The problem was they only closed my account to debit & then charged me fees because I obviously did not have any money in it. Even worse they expected me to pay the fees even though it was there mistake.
2. I need to get a signature guarantee stamp for a insurance policy of my deceased father. I was the beneficiary and when I called on the phone to see if they could do it they said yes. I went into the branch give her the statement, my id, and everything else she told me to bring and then they told me they can't do it because the statement does not say I'm the beneficiary! WTF first off it's really none of their business the purpose of the signature guarantee is verify that I am the person signing the document. I was sending it to a different company anyway that does have all my info! I went into Wells Fargo and they did it for me with no problems at all!
3. They tried to charge their customers $28/day in overdraft fees regardless if you spend any money during those days or not.
4. Their customer service is horrible!! They don't care about their customers at all! It doesn't matter what branch I go into someone always has an attitude for no reason.
5. I finally decided to close my accounts once and for all and they said I couldn't do it because something was pending. I put money in the account since their was automatic payment going through then they told me they sent it back and charged me a ton of fees. I called the customer service line and they said they couldn't do anything about that even though I spoke to the person at the bank when I made the deposit and they said my account will be fine to close once the payment goes through. Another lie!! I paid some of the fees so I could just get this account cancelled. Typcial overnight, scam bank.
6. Their online banking is horrible. It is hard to follow & it is cheap. My new bank makes it so much easier to see your deposits, withdrawls, balances etc.
DON'T EVER, EVER BANK AT TCF BANK THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST! SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2012 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/aurora-Colorado-/TCF-Bank-DONT-EVER-BANK-AT-TCF-BANK-aurora-Colorado-870100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.