Complaint Review: TCF Bank

• Web:
  • Category: Banks

TCF Bank Shady transaction history Minneapolis Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: What?

*Consumer Suggestion: I'll bet I know what happened...

During a time I got three paychecks in one month, TFC mysterously told me my account was overdrawn even though the automated system stated money was in the account. So when my third check deposited I only got $190 with out real explanation. Now they are sending my collection letters. I will pay when you tell me how two paycheck mysterously dissapeared out of my account, when I know i didn't spend the money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55430/TCF-Bank-Shady-transaction-history-Minneapolis-Minnesota-1133743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank

What?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

What does your CHECK REGISTER with its on-going RUNNING BALANCE say in regards to the balance in your checking account?  (I'll bet the answers are: "I don't know, I don't keep a check register with a running balance.")

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I'll bet I know what happened...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

You DON'T maintain an accurate, up-to-date written check register.  Several things can and do go wrong when you don't.

If you write some checks and/or use your debit card and then check your online balance, you will get a figure that does NOT reflect any transactions NOT yet posted.  Also when using a debit card to purchase gasoline, a temporary "hold" of up to $100 may be place by the merchant to assure they get paid.  You should also assure that any deposits have actually been made available to you. If unsure of how to maintain a check register, ask the bank for help.  If you can't/won't, the ones of us who do want to thank you for paying numerous NSF fees and keeping costs lower for us.  I've maintained the written register for over 50 years of banking and NEVER had an NSF fee..it's not that hard to do.  It's all up to you and switching banks will just move the "problem" elsewhere.