Complaint Review: Ted's Tire and Total Car Care

• Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: radiobemba1956 — Carlsbad California
Ted's Tire and Total Car Care
3598 Mission Ave Oceanside, California USA

Ted's Tire and Total Car Care Ted Esber Owner and employees engage in scams to overcharge and defraud cutomers- stay away Oceanside California

*Author of original report: Additional Information about Ted Ebert and Ted's Tires Oceanside

*Consumer Comment: I called this place. I have never been a customer and I got treated so rudely by the first circus clown that answer the phone

I visited this shop on 9/11/2013 to prepare my car for a long vacation trip to Arizona. The first thing I noticed about this shop in my neghborhood is that is frequently empty. I asked the shop manager if they could look over my fairly new car for inmediate needs. An oil change was suggested and I agreed. Next I mentioned that I was having some accelaration problems and they suggested a look at the spark plugs. Their mechanic took one spark plug out and showed it to us and it was decided to replace all four of them(2008 Dodge Caliber).

Meanwhile, they had also taken out an air filter which they suggested I walk accross the street to buy at the O'Reillys auto parts. I walked accross the street and the auto parts people( who know me) gave the new air filter and since I was there, they gave me the spark plugs to take to the shop. [continued below]....

..... The price for the 4 spark plugs? $ 10.00. ( I carried the receipt back to them and saw it)

When the charge for replacing the spark plugs was done, they cheated on the receipt by claiming that the plugs had cost them $39.95. In essence they stole $ 29.95 from me and then charged $99.00 to put them on.

The following day I decided to confront Ted Ebers with the receipts and the issue and when he met me at the parking lot, I explained the problem and his reaction was that he screamed " THAT IS YOUR COMPLAINT? GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE " went back into the shop and locked to the door so I couldn't continue talking to him.

There was no attempt to explain, mediate, apologize or in any way resolve the issue and instead Ted decided to keep the money and steal from me. I would suggest to others to stay away from this shop which is clearly empty most of the time because of what they do to their customers there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Teds-Tire-and-Total-Car-Care/Oceanside-California-92058/Teds-Tire-and-Total-Car-Care-Ted-Esber-Owner-and-employees-engage-in-scams-to-overcharge-1083958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ted's Tire and Total Car Care

Additional Information about Ted Ebert and Ted's Tires Oceanside

AUTHOR: Jason - ()

My name is Jason and i live in Ohio. This man was married to my mother for about a year and used her divorce money to open a shop in Canton, Ohio called Payless Tire. It took him 3 years to run it into the ground and then clean her out of any left over money to start a second shop in Tallmadge Ohio only to leave her high and dry a year later. If he wasn't such a puss and wouldn't have run form me all the time I would have gone to jail for doing very bad things to him. Knowing how he ran the business her, I assure you you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. he currently has a warrant for his arrest in Tallmadge for physically assaulting an elderly gentleman that he basically stole $2, 000 from. If any one wants to know the whole story feel free to email me at jnichols5@gmail.com and I could tell you about the conversation I had with the oldest of his 3 daughters who haven't talked to him in a very long time.

AUTHOR: Auto dealer fraud Investigator - ()

I have never been a customer of this business ever in any point in my life. When I called them the circus clown who answered the phone has no clue how to treat other people.  There is no way that this place will be in business for any long period of time. I wouldn't let one human being that works that company change one lightbulb on my useless Christmas tree much less work on my car Go Google the company name and look what pops up on the first page. Only an idiot would go to this place to let them turn wrenches on the idiots car.