Complaint Review: TekSystems - Allegis Group

• Submitted: Mon, February 05, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 30, 2012

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
TekSystems - Allegis Group
1100 NW Loop 410 # 210 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

TekSystems - Allegis Group Outrageous Ripoff Fradulent No Jobs Resume Collector San Antonio Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Working for a bad company isn't TEK's fault

*UPDATE Employee: Racist Rebuttal

*Consumer Suggestion: No wonder...

*UPDATE Employee: Current Employee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: TekSystems is cool, sort of......

*Consumer Comment: San Antonio Companies

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: TekSystems

*UPDATE Employee: Teksystem is reputable.

*UPDATE Employee: Teksystem is reputable.

*Consumer Comment: Fly By Night

*Consumer Comment: What did you expect?

I have been contacted several times by Josh McCord and Charity Kuni because of my resume on Monster and CareerBuilder by Teksystems aka Allegis Group. Each time I have been contacted, I send my Microsoft Word formatted resume that they request however neither responds after I reply. Several of my friends have been contacted by them and they are invited for an "interview" at the Teksystems office.

My friends said the interview is a screening for jobs that may be bidding on with USAA, Billing Concepts, and several other local companies that want to pay below the market rate for information technology professionals. Some of friends have stated that Teksystems embellishes the resumes to clients in order to impress them with their candidate pool.

After not receiving any response from them, I treat their emails like spam and delete them. If my friends ask about Teksystems, I make sure to share my negative experience of them.

Don't waste your time with this fly by night company by:
- refusing their phone calls
- not returning their voice mails
- deleting their emails

Ralph
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2007 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TekSystems-Allegis-Group/San-Antonio-Texas-78213/TekSystems-Allegis-Group-Outrageous-Ripoff-Fradulent-No-Jobs-Resume-Collector-San-Antoni-234474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TekSystems - Allegis Group

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Working for a bad company isn't TEK's fault

AUTHOR: Richard - (United States of America)

Sorry to hear that you were assigned to a bad company.  Not TEK's fault - they can't screen all work at all companies - you should have complained to TEK and/or simply quit.   Big companies often have problems where they hire people and the chain of command is broken so the workers are wasted.  Read Dilbert comics - they are based on true experience.

As far as not getting any work, all staffing companies are having trouble in this economy.  Keep trying and ask them to find you a job in other cities - moving is often necessary these days. I have several of them looking for me and haven't been getting any bites.

Make sure you have what companies need - PHP, .NET, etc.

Good luck!

Racist Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Joshua - (United States of America)

I read Tom's rebuttal #6 with great distress and heartbreak.  I'm not really expecting a person like Tom to understand, but I would expect Ripoff Report to understand.

When Tom's points out that his work experiences were not so positive due to the fact that a bunch of blacks and NIGGERS working in the monkey cage at a zoo were the source of issues related to negative experience at his temporary placement; it shows the quality of his personal integrity and values.  While I can certainly agree that there may be issues present that reflect a cultural bias, perhaps those issues are rooted fundamentally elsewhere.  Not the color of the skin, (black as Tom point's out), but in issues related to why a class of people exhibit particular behaviors or inadequacies?  I'm black.  But I would identify myself as just as hard working, dedicated and willing as Tom seems to be, if not more.

I'm not trying to excuse any issues that Tom perceives to be caused by his black NIGGERS co-workers, because it would irk me to high heaven just as it irked him.  But to come here to read such racist, hate filled commentary, (which I duly note that Ripoff Report protects as the consumer's first amendment right to free speech) it makes me sick to my stomach to know that had I been one of Tom's co-workers, standing shoulder to shoulder with him to deliver my everyday 200% goal of working hard, diligently serving others and living to the fullest of my potential on the earth before God and man, I would be painted with the same broad general brush strokes that Tom places on all his black coworkers.

Good job Tom.  We black monkey cage zoo NIGGERS appreciate your views, heart and attitude.

By the way, Teksystems is a wonderful organization.  Professional. Quality. Administratively Sound. Fair. From my experience they hire the best well rounded resources in the business.  Perhaps the complaining resource that was not called back after the client interview was not the best candidate presented to the client.  These firms not only compete with other firms, who send over good candidates; they also may submit more than one internal candidate for the project requirement.  I do not see this as a complaint worthy of being called a scam or a ripoff.  I just see this as some other unexplained possibility in the nature of this market from the individual candidate not being the best qualified to the client not approving funding for the proposed requirement. Teksystems as a entity is one of the best out there.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

No wonder...

AUTHOR: jason - (United States of America)

In response to the comment from the ex-employee, Tom, from Dallas:

You're complaining because the client didn't want to use your services, all while using racist terminology that highlights your hate-filled attitudes? As for me, and I'm sure probably others, your language completely undercuts your credibility. I can easily imagine that could be a reason why, as it appears, you were bypassed and ignored by your employer. I find your comments to be racist and offensive. I would flag it but, unfortunately, this website does not have that functionality. In the future, please don't waste other people's time with your ignorance.

Current Employee

AUTHOR: DMcKenney - (United States of America)

Yes, TEKSystems is a Staffing Company and I was made fully aware of that when I accepted their offer. I am currently on a 6 month-to-hire contract, as an IT consultant, with a salary of $71,000.00/yr. I have had absolutely nothing but good experiences with the company, and would recommend them to any QUALIFIED applicant seeking an IT position within the San Antonio area.

Dwayne McKenney

AFCEE-OSP/ Teksystems

Lackland AFB, TX 78226

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

TekSystems is cool, sort of......

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

I worked with Teksystems for s short time and had a good experience with them overall. They always checked in with me and always paid on time, which isn't always the case with other agencies. With that said, Teksystems contacts were a little flaky. Case in point: I was brought on in November of 2008 to perform a "tech-refresh" project of which I've done several when I was at IBM. We were to image, configure and ship 2000 devices nationwide. My first at the client site, we just sat around with nothing to do because the client wasn't set up for my team to perform our function. They put us with a bunch of losers in the "break-fix" department at the corporate offices. There were three or four of these so called "break-fix technicians" that were supposed to repair and turn-around defective computers. They would come in at 0900, go for breakfast for 45 minutes, them work a few tickets. At noon, they would go for an hour lunch, then work a few more tickets. They would leave at 3 PM without fail. OK, they're slackers, mostly black by the way. They had the "break-fix" room crammed with defective hardware. It was crowded like a phone booth! Here's the best part, since I was soooo bored, I repaired and turned around EVERY computer in the break-fix room in 2 days! These idiots had over 900 open tickets to contend with, some of which were well over a year in arrears. Now me working in break-fix was out-of-scope, but I did it. I called Teksystems and told them the client was dragging their heels on the project and had us "cleaning toilets". They called the client and extended my offer to put in the infrastructure in the building where the tech refresh hardware was or I's blow, along with an IBM buddy I brought on. I DON'T DO BREAK-FIX GODDAMMIT!!! So we got over to the other building and Teksystems called and said the client had a "paper work problem", so we were out of work for two weeks. They brought us back on, but by then. it was Thanksgiving and the client shut down operations for Thursday and Friday. So I didn't make jackshit in November. We worked December and were working so fast, the client couldn't give us work fast enough. The busiest day we ever had was 5 hours. I was a good gig, except losing 2 days in December for Christmas because the client shut down. January-February went easy. We worked MAYBE 2 hours a day. They were cool and let us clock out for 8 hours/day even though we'd leave like 4 hours early. Some days there wasn't AN work to do because the client couldn't give us the info to configure the machines with site-specific information. THEN THEY MOVED THE BREAK-FIX NIGGERS INTO MY FACILITY! They SUCKED BIG-TIME! All day long they'd be cackling away like the monkey cage at the zoo. Still not much work for us...Maybe an hour or two per day. So on a Friday at 5:30 PM, TekSystems called me to say the project is over. We'd only shipped out maybe 5% of the hardware and I was told the hardware sat there in boxes A YEAR BEFORE I GOT THERE! Then they closed down the client's corporate office over the next few months. TekSystems TRIED to reassign me, but for chicken-shit wages, which I turned down of course. I like Teksystems, but I wish they could get some quality projects with solid clients.

San Antonio Companies

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

Sounds like Teksystems offices in other parts of the country treat their people better. However in San Antonio, it's a different story. Employers and staffing services treat potential employees like they are dirt. I have spoken to the people at the Texas Workforce Commission offices about this and they say that San Antonio companies have a reputation of mistreating candidates. They post job listings on the Commission's web site and when the candidates apply, the jobs are no longer open. A friend of mine interviewed with an IT company. She thought she was going to be offered the job when the hiring manager gave her his card and talked about how long it would take for the offer to go through their corporate headquarters. Each week after the interview, she called to find out if she would be offered the job. After a month, the company refused to take her calls and never hired her.

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

TekSystems

AUTHOR: Poobah - (U.S.A.)

Just before I retired from the Army (California), I applied for a position with TekSystems in Louisville, Kentucky. I was essentially hired after a phone interview and started work a few days after my arrival in Louisville. After six months with the company, I was hired by the company that TekSystems assigned me to.

I have been at that company for nearly ten years now, and have been in managment for eight of them. We continue to hire temp techs from TekSystems because we have had good luck with them.

Teksystem is reputable.

AUTHOR: Jose - (U.S.A.)

I been working for Teksystem for 2 solid years. Great company, good pay. I make $45.00 hour plus 401K (no matching contribution tought), free online IT training, etc. They help me get my secret clearance to work for the Army at Ft. Knox, Kentucky. They had never, ever, ever failed to pay me on time. I have friend in other IT recruting firms not being paid some times. Teksystem had always, always, always paid me on time and correctly. They have Christmas parties and always send me gifts. As a contractor/sub-contractor I take time off whenever I want to.

Teksystem is reputable.

AUTHOR: Jose - (U.S.A.)

Fly By Night

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

Teksystems is the largest IT staffing company in the industry. Allegis group is a multi billion dollar company. They have been around for 25+ years and work with every major company across the US.

Maybe they look at your resume and after speaking with you they are not interested in you. How come they did not invite you to the office. Did you pay anything to them....No. I would guess since you are not aware of that industry that you are not particulary skilled or you would probably know who they are. Also- not real smart trashing IT staffing companies if you are in the IT field. Small world out there.

Their competitors are not going to be interested in you either because of the type of complaint that you are filing. Best of luck to you and God Bless you.

What did you expect?

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You are looking for an IT job in a city that has NO jobs, much less IT jobs. Just curious, are you a recent graduate of one the MANY tech schools in San Antonio that seem to advertise every other commercial on tv there?

If you really want an IT job, I suggest you consider moving. When I lived there, there were a few jobs in Austin, but most of the IT jobs were in Dallas or Houston. I suggest you go there if you REALLY want an IT job.