Complaint Review: Tele-Pay Usa

• Updated: Wed, August 28, 2013

• Reported By: C.G — Phoenix Arizona
Tele-Pay Usa
P.O. Box 27692 Anaheim Ca, California USA

Tele-Pay Usa USA Chatlines Please Telepay Employees Boycott This Company Stand up And Be Heard !!! Anaheim California

*UPDATE Employee: Satisfied Employee

*UPDATE Employee: Satisfied Employee

*General Comment: Come work for us!

*Author of original report: I Was Fired After I Filed This Report With No Notification

*Author of original report: The Most Important Thing I Should've Stressed Is Tele Pay USA Is Rigged!!!

From what I understand this company has been ripping off pso's since 2008! I recently started with this company and it was obvious from the start that something was fishy. I would like to start a boycott against them where all employees refuse to log in until they change the pay rates to something remotely fair. I would like to appeal to the better business bureau to get involved in making this company account for it's practices. Please don't let them get away with ripping us off anymore boycott now! Make them go out of business or be fair!

I would like to re quote another employees complaint because it's a reality and I completly agree. [continued below]....

.....

Their pay varies based on the average length of your calls that you take. If your average is only 7 minutes, they only pay you ten cents per minute. If your call average is ten minutes or above they are supposed to pay you the maximum pay which is 40 cents per minute. I hadn't received a check in weeks, and when I emailed them to complain, I was told that they had changed their policy, that if you didn't have 25 or more calls for the week, that even if your average call time was ten minutes or higher that they were now going to only pay you ten cents per minute, instead of the 40 cents per minute as promised in the contract that I signed when I went to work for them.

The system and pay structure is designed to work against you. More than likely for all your hard work, you are going to make 10 cents per minute, which is insane, considering the callers who call the lines are paying them $3 or $4 per minute. Also if you have been phone operator for awhile you get to recognize callers who you speak with more than once. If your week is going good with Tele Pay USA, they will have their dispatchers call you and hang up after 45 seconds, and they will do this multiple times which brings down your average call time, therefor lowering your rate of pay. I would literally get the same dispatcher calling me over and over trying to pose as a customer, and he always hung up after 45 seconds and didn't want to give me any information about himself.

Anyone who is considering a career as a work from home phone sex operator, please do your homework. There are many great reputable companies out there who do the same type of business as Tele Pay USA, and these other companies treat their employees with respect, and many of them pay their operators 50 cents or more, sometimes $1 per minute of talk time, which is far better than the 10 cents per minute you will make working for Tele Pay USA. Tele Pay USA is a dispatch company which means that when you are logged in and waiting for the calls to come, that probably 200 other women are all logged in and waiting for calls also. So your volume of calls will always be low, and so will your rate of pay. Tele Pay USA hires tons more operators than they need, because they have such a high and quick turnover rate of employees, once they find out what a rip off the company is, they leave. So please do your homework, if you want to get into this type of work, do some google searches for phone sex operators or phone sex operator forums, where you can find valuable information telling you which companies are reputable and which ones like Tele Pay USA are not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 11:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tele-Pay-Usa/Anaheim-Ca-California-92809/Tele-Pay-Usa-USA-Chatlines-Please-Telepay-Employees-Boycott-This-Company-Stand-up-And-Be-1079683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tele-Pay Usa

Satisfied Employee

AUTHOR: A.W. - ()

I may have been wrong about one thing...the call minimum I said was 40 calls to get paid but you may be correct in saying it's 25.  I know you have to at least make $25 in order to get paid. I'm really not sure about the call minimum now that I think of it I'll have to look at my contract again....either way it's at the discretion of the company.  They want people to log on and take calls, it's their way of getting their employees to actually work.  There is no set schedule and there are more than likely times they are busy with not enough agents logged on.  SO what do they do?  Set a call minimum.  Seems fair to me!

Satisfied Employee

AUTHOR: A.W. - ()

I have been working for Telepay USA for about 5 months now.  Yes your pay is based on your average and that can get annoying, but you get what you put into it.  I too have had checks that are $17 and $18 but that's b/c I didn't work very much and my average was low.  When I work my tail end off, I see results and my bills get paid.  I'm wondering why you are so disgruntled that they fired you if you were so unhappy and weren't getting paid very much anyways.  You seem to really have a grudge.

Dispatch has NEVER been anything but polite and nice to me!  I think the woman I speak to's name is Valerie and she is always very pleasant.  In FACT I mentioned to her that my father had a heart attack and she seemed to geuinely care about that.  I don't know the guys name but it would be hard for him to pretend like a man calling in for phone sex with a woman when he has a very feminine demeanor and voice.  I'm going through my notebook right now (b/c I keep track of every single call) and I do not see a pattern of 1 min calls right after a long call.

Yes it has happened a few times but it's not a pattern.  It does seem like you put a lot of time in, with over 2000 minutes but you need to keep them on the phone for at least 10 miutes to keep your average up!  If someone from dispatch called you to give you tips on keeping the customers on the phone longer it seems to me as though they were trying to HELP you achieve better hold times!

Being a phone sex operator is NOT for everyone.  If you have that many minutes with a low hold time you must have had a LOT of 5 min calls (on average).  Instead of getting pissed off you should have taken what they were saying to you in that phone call more seriously.  I'm not trying to be mean I'm just saying what I think.  I don't get nice pay unless I put forth the time and most importantly the EFFORT.  They called to offer you training and assistance and you're mad!

I DO agree that the pay chart is not one of my favorite things about working for this company, but it's not up to me.  And you said they "over-hire".  You also said that when you log in there are probably 200 other women waiting on calls along with you.  I don't know the numbers, but there are a LOT of people in this country and also in Canada, British Columbia and the other countries that call this number.  So 200 isn't too much, although I don't believe that number is correct you are mearly "guesstimating".  They also hire women that never log in.

Of course they hire a lot of people but I would GUESSTIMATE that half of their staff doesn't even log in very often.  In fact the girl that referred me NEVER EVER logs in and I know a few other girls that simply do not log in, citing they do not have time.  Well I DO have time and I log in as much as possible.  Some weeks are better than others of course, and the pay is never going to be the same each week!  My contract says the call limit is 40 in order to get paid so I guess my contract is different than yours.  I don't believe that you are going to be successful in your BOYCOT.

There are some PSO's that work for this company that are satisfied.  Yes I also work for another company, and worked for another in the past.  I HAVE to say hands down that dispatch with Telepay USA are the NICEST of the 3 companies I have had relations with.  I DID my research and DID my homework and when I work my tail off, it pays off!  When I don't...well I don't expect much!!!  I hope you find something that is right for you, but if you go to another company you still aren't going to get paid those high amounts if you are only averaging 5 minute calls!

Do you really thnk that those companies that offer .50/min are actually going to pay you that for a 3 minute call?  Most companies pay by the call, not average.  5-6 min is anywhere from .15-.20.....you get .40 and .50 if your call is 25 min and higher.  With Teleapy all you have to do is make sure you keep them on for TEN minutes in order to keep your average up.  Just you wait, you'll see when you venture out!

Lastly, if I were ever to find out that dispatch is calling me only to hang up and mess up my average I would be very upset.  As I stated earlier I keep track of every single call.  I will keep an eye out but I just don't think that is true.  In fact my average is over 10 this week.  And I am looking right now at my calls and one minute calls after a long call is not a pattern.  Good luck to you!!

#3 General Comment

Come work for us!

AUTHOR: You are the weakest link-GOODBYE - ()

Hi

This is Robby from a company based in Boston & Las Vegas. My assoicate and I have been working together for 23 years with the same company running the best dispatch and one on one phone sex business around.

We can also HELP you get your monies back from USA Chat/Tele Pay:

First if you want a job please email Cynthia @ fridaynightjobs@aol.com  we pay .43 cents per minute and are a very well established company. If you want help litigating your matter we need at least 40 PSO'S to tell their story so we can go PUBLIC please email me robby at fridaynightmarketing@gmail.com

I hope everyone will get paid and we can put an END to this non-sense

I Was Fired After I Filed This Report With No Notification

AUTHOR: C.G - ()

Beware ask any questions and be prepared for termination. I filed my report and I'm sure they have email's notifying them every time someone does report them. I tried to log in to the system and I couldn't. I figured I would give it a little more time to see if things got better. No such luck they obviously based on my initials and location alone, knew I filed the report. So I called dispatch to ask why I could not log in, her response was hostile. She accused me of having attitude every time I called in, which is untrue because that's the first time I ever called. I have been called by dispatch a total of three times 1 call was a male dispatcher giving me tips on how to keep a longer call, the other call was from the woman that claimed I had attitude. She began yelling louder and louder she did not address anything I said and finally informed me that she will not be interrupted so she was hanging up. There was no real conversation accept her accusing me of having attitude so I stated, "so your definition of having altitude is asking some questions about how the system works?" I was not even notified that I was fired, at the end of the conversation she said and I quote "if you want to boycott or whatever go ahead". Which I find extremely interesting they already knew within 24 hours that it was me that filed this report. They are a ruthless company with no policies they will work you and rob you, are you just going to let them? Truthfully I'm glad to be done with them. I hate to see anyone else be taken by these thieves so if your looking for a good pso job I highly recommend you do lots of research first.

Below are my stats how many minutes I was ripped off for.

On average I received .10-.12  total min is the amount from

7/21/2013 thru 8/29/2013

Total Min 2,496

Total Payment Based On .10 average

$249.60

Calls: 21  156.667.46

For 156 min I will get paid $18.72 Does that seem fair?

This was just for 8/26 thru 8/29 My last check Wow!

Disclaimer: All information is subject to final audit.

This are the minutes I got 7/21 thru 8/20 the sytem only shows 31 day so this reflects the first 31 days

My pay for this and the remain days 8/21 thru 8/28

Total minutes 2172 + 324 = 2496 min @ .10 cents a min

Total Pay ment for 2,496 min is approximatly $249.60

* on one check I got .17 cents a min

* on a couple I got .12 a min

* most were .10 cents a min

* there was also one @ .07 cents a min

I'm did the calcalution at .10 cents because it's just an example of what you can expect to get paid from this company.

7/21 Thru 8/20

Calls: 303  2172.787.17

Disclaimer: All information is subject to final audit.

8/21 thru 8/28

Calls: 49  324.766.63

The Most Important Thing I Should've Stressed Is Tele Pay USA Is Rigged!!!

AUTHOR: C.G - ()

They purposely and fraudulently call you as a customer to mess up your average so they only have to pay you pennies on the dollar. They hang up within in a minute they always try to speak in a low volume so you don't recognize their voice. Yes it's a hard thing to prove that's why an investigator or the better business bureau should get involved. How can we fight back BOYCOTT!!! This word seems to scare them I was fired after I filed my report online. I only used my initials and location I would suggest that anyone else that comes forward be known as Anonymous USA or they will fire you with no email, no phone call or any explanation. I have a theory that when they call you to say can you log in because they're super busy, that they in fact they're not busy at all but are able at the time to make their 1 min calls to change your average during that time. Every time I ever logged in when they asked my first call would be one of these one min calls. Every single time I got a very long call i got one of these 1 min calls right after. So I started logging out after a long call to test my theory. What happens is next time you log in they make several one minute calls so they can catch up and ruin your average for all your long calls. That's my theory I'm determined to prove it lucky for me. My mom works in the legal justice system and that gives me confidence that I can and will find a way to prove this company is a fraud.

composer